Burglar Alarms

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Burglar Alarms

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What is the point our neighbour opposite lives in his house very infrequently but had a burglar alarm that goes off. Tonight it's going again, he's not home & so the whole cul de sac will be awake because of the noise. No one checks if it's a break in, same with car alarms hate both of them.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Burglar Alarms

Post by Wigan White »

Do you mean Burglar Alarm? :problem:
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Wigan White wrote:Do you mean Burglar Alarm? :problem:
Oh, you did. :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

With you there mate. From experience alarms only scare novice burglars off, the real ones, the ones who can strip your house in 10 minutes know no-one takes any notice for the first 20 minutes or so.

Get yourself a real yappy dog , either big or small and keep it indoors, burglars hate them. Even better a legally held shotgun, they hate them even more.

But I digress, car alarms and house alarms being ignored really pee me off.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Should be live linked to the alarm company so there's probably two explanations :

1. It's gone off or three times already this year and they've been false alarms so the company no longer responds (three strikes and you're out for most of 'em)

2. It's a cheapo system that isn't linked and a spider or mouse has set off the sensor either by walking directly over it in the case of the arachnid or being big enough to trigger it from a distance for the rodent

Either way you should get the neighbours to sign a joint letter to them and stick it through their door :)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

We are lucky in our cul-de-sac that everyone looks out for each other. Most people have a neighbour that has a spare set of house keys and if an alarm ever goes off the code to reset.
If an alarm goes off you can virtually guarantee 2 or 3 people will check.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We have the keys to next door as their burglar alarm has gone off at odd times when they have been away. However, I think they are the only people who have a burglar alarm where we live. It is a dead end, no through traffic and I have lost count of the number of people doing jobs for us who say 'never knew this place existed'. Never been any burglaries or problems of any kind. We have lived here for 35 years and only bought the house because it was within walking distance of the school my daughters went to. We always said we would move when they left school but we couldn't find anywhere better to live.
I once played against Don Revie.