Motion being put tomorrow for general election on 8th June
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Re: General election

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

:wtf: It really is a morning of surprises. This is really going to test all those Labour strongholds up North.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

A shrewd move by Teresa May I believe, Corbyn is taking labour to a popularity low, Ukip have lost momentum, Libs are virtually invisible.
A calculated gamble to increase her majority.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:A shrewd move by Teresa May I believe, Corbyn is taking labour to a popularity low, Ukip have lost momentum, Libs are virtually invisible.
A calculated gamble to increase her majority.
Must admit that that's what I thought too but it's rarely as clear-cut as that these days. Parliament is divided so much it needs something radical to happen, such as a GE. Isn't there a rumour too that she wants to retire due to having Diabetes? I'm not wishing to get into a political argument here as it always gets unpleasant and friendships are worth more than politics to me but anyway, as you say SW, Labour are at their lowest ebb because of the split over the 'leader'. I can't see them rebuilding until they vote a new leader in - I actually like Corbyn but don't believe he is good enough or strong enough to be the party leader. He reminds me a little of Michael Foot but Foot had one thing over all the others, he was a great politician AND had an exemplary past I believe, unlike Corbyn.

The only way Tories can lose is with opposing parties forming a coalition. I can't see that happening.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Isn't there a rumour too that she wants to retire due to having Diabetes?
Don't we all ? :roll: :evil:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Isn't there a rumour too that she wants to retire due to having Diabetes?
You want to retire because you have Diabetes? :shock: :P

I'll never retire, until/unless I physically have to. You can put that on my gravestone (which will be a pauper white cross TBF ) :P
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
I think that's what it is - just a rumour. You should see the amount of work she gets through in her constituency at the week-end. Extensive coverage in the local paper. No way could she keep that pace up if there was a debilitating effect from the diabetes. She always looks pretty fit too.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Another Northern Soul wrote: You want to retire because you have Diabetes? :shock: :P
No, I want to retire and I have diabetes :wave:

Who wants to work ?? :wtf:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote: You want to retire because you have Diabetes? :shock: :P
No, I want to retire and I have diabetes :wave:

Who wants to work ?? :wtf:
Damn mate, I didn't realize aboutthe diabetes, sorry.

TBH brutally honest, the worst thing my Dad did was retire really, it just made life harder for my dear Mum.
Deleted User 728

No worries - no offence taken, believe me !

It has nothing to do with the condition, btw. I manage it well and am fitter than I was ten years ago and it doesn't have much impact on me other than restricting what I eat and drink, obviously, and the need to take medication and exercise regularly.

Take the meds out of that statement and I'm only doing what everyone should be doing.

I was being flip, although serious about not wanting to work.
I've always taken the path of least resistance .. and am naturally lazy :)