Road tax scam

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Road tax scam

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey
Just a warning, really.
I had a text saying I was due a refund for £49.53 on my car tax and there was a hyperlink at the end of it.
I clicked on it and it looked very legit, exactly like the DVLA site.

I was out and about at the time but felt it was a bit dodge so I waited till I got home and googled it and found out it's a scam, so just watch your backs.
Too easy for someone to click on it on a smart phone these days ..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Road tax scam

Post by Selby White »

Thanks for posting Rigger.

Have just traded a couple of cars in and am expecting a road tax refund. Could easily have fallen for this scam.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I got a genuine looking reminder from the DVLA telling me that I had to renew my road tax. Am hoping its a scam. :D

Good post Rigger, anyone who has a scam should always post a warning.
I once played against Don Revie.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

If your suspicious about something then check out the website ACTION FRAUD.

It details all the latest scams and what to watch out for.

You can also report fraud to them. Over in NI some fraud is investigated by them and some by Police. Just depends on the type of fraud. It might be the same UK wide.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:If your suspicious about something then check out the website ACTION FRAUD.

It details all the latest scams and what to watch out for.

You can also report fraud to them. Over in NI some fraud is investigated by them and some by Police. Just depends on the type of fraud. It might be the same UK wide.
Good site that one I use it myself. Her indoors got scammed on her Santander account years ago. She had just got a loan to do oil heating and UPVC windows and checked her account one morning and it was ALL gone. She had fallen for the oldest scam out an email stating she needed to reset her password. After 2 very nervous weeks Santander insurance covered it.

Now we use the site about to check but to be honest we don't answer any emails etc at all now we just phone whatever organisation they say they are or if anyone wants us they can write.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders