Cars - anyone useless with them ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Cars - anyone useless with them ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I felt very proud yesterday after fixing something on my car.
The boot wouldn't lock for some reason and it had been bugging me for a couple of days so I googled it and some kind soul on a Nissan forum had explained that he'd fixed a similar problem with a squirt of WD40 and a couple of prods with a flat-head screwdriver.
Five minutes later, job done :)

It's a Primera with a hatchback and although the door itself is heavy enough to remain in the closed position, it obviously needed fixing.
I guess like a lot of things on modern cars it just needed to be reset somehow.

The next thing I need to fix is a problem that's been going on for months.
When I listen to MW - which is most of the time with either talkSPORT or 5Live - I get an annoying buzzing sound that goes up and down in pitch and volume depending on what the car itself is doing (revving, etc) and signal strength respectively.
I did another quick search a couple of weeks ago and it appears to be a grounding issue. The solution is to check the aerial connection and/or run a wire from the radio to the frame of the chassis.
I can't get to the radio - it's one of those built in "information system" jobbies and inaccessible - and I can't see any way of getting to the aerial either. It's housed in a thick rubber sheath (stop sniggering) and it won't peel back or let me get at it no matter what I try ..

Any ideas ?

I'm buggered if I'm taking it to a dealer to fix - that'll cost an arm and a leg and I can listen to Radio 4 if it comes to it ..
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Cars - anyone useless with them ?

Post by Tourist »

One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

Rigger. I think you'll find that the annoying sounds on Talksport and 5live are actually caused by Adrian Durham and Alan Green :wink:
Deleted User 728

One Eyed Thompson wrote:Rigger. I think you'll find that the annoying sounds on Talksport and 5live are actually caused by Adrian Durham and Alan Green :wink:

HAHA ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually like Durham - he's full of it, but he's informed, unlike most of their presenters.
Their thing is to play devil's advocate, so you'll always get one pro and the other anti any given issue. It's all an act, of course .. apart from Mick Quinn, who really is a gobshite, and Ray Parlour, who really is thick as two short planks.

Say what you like about the station, as long as they keep employing Hawksbee and Jacobs and Danny Kelly I'll keep tuning in :)
Deleted User 728

Nice one, Tourist - will do :thumbup: