Facebook help

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Facebook help

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Someone wants me to send them a private message on Facebook but when I press message it goes to Messenger. As we are not friends on Facebook then I can't see how I can send him a message. Help please.
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Facebook help

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Someone wants me to send them a private message on Facebook but when I press message it goes to Messenger. As we are not friends on Facebook then I can't see how I can send him a message. Help please.
Can't you Friend them? Or tell them to send you their email address?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You don't need to be friends with people to send them a private message.
Just search for them, then look at the bottom right-hand corner of their cover photo and you'll see the button :

Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:You don't need to be friends with people to send them a private message.
Just search for them, then look at the bottom right-hand corner of their cover photo and you'll see the button :

I've had issues with Messenger on Fb too, Rigger, so I was assuming there wasn't much he could do about it.
Deleted User 728

It would help if he does it on a computer rather than a phone as there's more "room" for the options that way.
I'm pretty sure the smartphone Messenger app is a stripped down version of the one on a PC or Mac.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Unfortunately I don't have a working computer just my iPad. As I say where it says message when I press it it goes straight onto messenger. Where he's asked me to message him I've asked if we have to be friends for this to work. I await his response.

What the problem is he's the local manager for virgin media & posts on the local Beeston page sorting out people's problems with virgin. I posted I am having problems with virgin anytime in as much as my security question is my mothers maiden name which it won't accept, looks like the salesman has misspelt it but I've tried every connotation of Pearson I can think of but to no avail.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

I didn't think dinosaurs were allowed on Facebook?? :o :oops: ;) :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

PockWhite wrote:I didn't think dinosaurs were allowed on Facebook?? :o :oops: ;) :D
Bloody cheeky kids :evil: ;)
Deleted User 728

Hmmm .. I would hesitate to suggest using a Virgin Media store to help you out - the staff there are just salespeople and won't care or even be able to help you out, so don't waste your time.

How about a friend's PC, or even a good old-fashioned internet cafe ??
There are still some about ..
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

I've not tried it on Facebook, but whenever I have problems with a website on my phone or tablet I always request the desktop site and this usually resolves any issues.

Using Google Chrome, tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the page and the drop down menu has an option to 'Request desktop site'.