First record bought ??

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: First record bought ??

Post by Deleted User 728 »

"Tempted .." is the one I love. Such a great record, interchanging vocalists making it more of a collaborative effort than most singles out there, and a good storyline and lyrics.
Top pop :D
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Mr Russell wrote:First Cassette tape was Dare by the Human League, although there is a big difference in years i do have on vinyl bye bye Baby by the Bay City Rollers and Hero's by David Bowie but can't remember which i bought first :?
Always remember my mates Mum having a Bay City Rollers tattoo on her arm. If we had any agro she would be in to sort it. :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:"Tempted .." is the one I love. Such a great record, interchanging vocalists making it more of a collaborative effort than most singles out there, and a good storyline and lyrics.
Top pop :D
A great song from East Side Story. Paul Carrack had replaced Jools Holland on keyboards and he had a much, much better voice. He took the lead vocal and Glen Tilbrook, Chris Difford, bassist John Bentley and producer, Elvis Costello took a couple of lines.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Costy wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Albums:
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Argy Bargy
East Side Story
Sweets From A Stranger
Difford and Tilbrook
Cosi Fan Tutti
Babylon And On
Frank

In the early-80s the band split up and the main songwriters, Chris Difford and Glen Tilbrook, recorded their own album. It was interesting. They'd moved away from the classic pop that they were known for to more experimental, off-kilter pop. The band "reformed" not long after and produced a couple of albums before I fell out of love with them. Maybe I should have a look at their later stuff.
I think it was the greatest hits that we had in the car. Standout songs for me were 'Pulling Mussels From A Shell', 'Tempted by the Fruit of Another' 'Black Coffee in Bed' and 'Annie Get Your Gun'.
Spot on with those 4 Costy.
Seeing Sniffers list of albums im fairly sure Sweets from a stranger is the 3rd one i have. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

While on Squeeze Chris Difford is touring small venues with Kathryn Williams.
I know nothing about her, anyone seen them together ?
Any Good ?

They are playing Selby town hall and it's one I'm considering whether to get tickets.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.