Odd anniversaries

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Odd anniversaries

Post by johnh »

We all have the obvious anniversaries, weddings, birthday's etc., but does anyone else have a date that is, for all sorts of reasons, important only to yourself, but is burned on your brain for ever?

Mine is today. 29 June 1954 (63 years ago today) was the day I reported for duty with the Army - National Service. I travelled by train from Leeds to Devizes in Wiltshire. 3 trains (via London) and 1 Tube. Took about eight and a half hours. A thoroughly life-changing experience which was one of the best things that happened to me in my lifetime.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Re: Odd anniversaries

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I remember you telling me about that trip when we met, John :)

I'm generally terrible at remembering dates.
There's only two that stick in my mind :
- 29 December
It was both my mum's and my stepdad's birthday (ten years apart) and also the day my cat died, six months after my mum did. The cat had lived with her for a few years after I bought my flat as I didn't want it cooped up all day and I think he just missed her, you know ?
He just gave up on life, stopped eating and even cleaning himself and wasted away very quickly .. but to die on her birthday was spooky.
- 7 May 2010
The last time I smoked a cigarette.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Odd anniversaries

Post by Davycc »

31st October 1983 my 20th birthday, finally started a job in which I wanted to help people. Seemed so long ago now.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders