Where you live

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Where you live

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Have a small bungalow at bottom of a cul-de-sac with a decent sized garden, get plenty of wildlife to watch.
Aye if I remember correctly mate I got your bungalow on google maps from a photo taken from your back garden - god I must have had nothing better to do.... yeah that's right no members map at the time :crazy:

Selby White wrote:Sadly we ain't got a Cinema, some prat burnt it down back in the 1970's, they were showing Towering Inferno at the time :crazy: .
What is it with the old cinemas they close down and then sit vacant for years. One were I used to live lay empty for over 30 years and the one 200 yards from me has been closed for must be 10 years and still sitting empty. Must be the layout thats the problem, doesn't really lend itself to other businesses. On the subject of cinemas, can't have the multiplex thingies their awful, like walking into a brothel* all red walls and "choose your room" and there''s always a sickly sweet smell ....

*The poster is only going by what he's saw on TV !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Have a small bungalow at bottom of a cul-de-sac with a decent sized garden, get plenty of wildlife to watch.
Aye if I remember correctly mate I got your bungalow on google maps from a photo taken from your back garden - god I must have had nothing better to do.... yeah that's right no members map at the time :crazy

Yeh remember that, very impressed :thumbup:

You thought it was Heminbrough church in background at first but found the bungalow after i told you it was Brayton.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

When I look out the window is pissing it down, as it seems to be most of the time. :D Moved to Blackpool over 20yrs ago when I was 18 with a mate of mine with a remit just to have a laugh and pull some birds. I'm pleased to report, we managed both. As they say all good things must come to an end and I met and settled down with one of my conquests.

Coming from a small mining village in Yorkshire where I had to travel to one of the major cities for entertainment, I loved the fact that everything in Blackpool was literally on my doorstep. I have seen some fantastic bands, shows, over the years within walking distance of my house. Having a young sister at the time I've done the tourist stuff (pleasure Beach, Tower, waxworks ect ect) more than I care to remember now I repeat it with my niece and soon another niece/nephew on the way. :roll:

The Fylde as some fantastic little villages dotted along it... Lytham, St Annes, Cleveleys, and a small place slightly inland called Poulton Le Fylde. I can be on the edge of the Forest of Bowland in 30mins, and I can be in the Lake District & Yorkshire Dales in just over the hour.

Whilst I prefer the more rugged coastal areas, it's still rewarding to take the dog for a walk on the beach when it's a sunny day, and that's where I feel most at home.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

johnh wrote:Maidenhead has its advantages and disadvantages. Lovely leafy area, lots of trees and green spaces. Nice places to visit close by. Marlow, Windsor, Henley. River Thames runs through Maidenhead, some nice walks along the river. Main downside is the traffic, choc a bloc at any time of the day. Fortunately, we live at the end of a road which is a dead-end, so no through traffic. Can also be in London in 40 minutes but I haven't been in for years.
When my parents lived in Wargrave we spent many enjoyable evenings in Chef Peking. Is it still on the go?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

mapperleywhite wrote:
johnh wrote:Maidenhead has its advantages and disadvantages. Lovely leafy area, lots of trees and green spaces. Nice places to visit close by. Marlow, Windsor, Henley. River Thames runs through Maidenhead, some nice walks along the river. Main downside is the traffic, choc a bloc at any time of the day. Fortunately, we live at the end of a road which is a dead-end, so no through traffic. Can also be in London in 40 minutes but I haven't been in for years.
When my parents lived in Wargrave we spent many enjoyable evenings in Chef Peking. Is it still on the go?
You crack me up, MW :lol:

Some people give directions or relate to a city by pubs, but with you it's ALWAYS a restaurant ! :mrgreen: