Hostel or Hotel in Leeds

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Vitor-17
Terry Venables's car dealer

Hostel or Hotel in Leeds

Post by Vitor-17 »

Hello guys!
I live in Brazil and in September I'll be in Leeds for some games on Elland Road.

I need help choosing a hotel or hostel near the stadium.

Suggestions?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Hostel or Hotel in Leeds

Post by johnh »

I don't live in Leeds so can't help, but with over 50 views of this post I am surprised that no one has been able to help?
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I know a few stayed in hotels following the POTY's (I didn't).

There is one just up for the road from the ground, but I cannot remember the name. However, I've just looked on Trivago and there are loads on there (some quite pricey though).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Vitor-17 wrote:Hello guys!
I live in Brazil and in September I'll be in Leeds for some games on Elland Road.

I need help choosing a hotel or hostel near the stadium.

Suggestions?
To be honest, it probably doesn't make much difference whether you're near the stadium or in the city centre as the match-day bus links are great (from the main railway station) or you could walk from town. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on how excited you are, but you'll see more of the city that way too :)

There's LOADS of hotels in the middle of Leeds and I've stayed in three or four of them.
Do a google search once you know which game you're going to, then check Trivago, which is a hotel booking site that compares room prices for you :ugeek:
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

There are no hotels near the stadium really, but Elland Road isn't a long walk out, even from the city centre. It's around 2 miles out, but as was said earlier there are regular match day buses from below the railway station to the ground.

Last time I was over we stayed in Jury's Hotel. It's a fine hotel with friendly staff. It's close to the city centre and a 15 minute walk to the train station. Lots of Leeds fans stay there, usually from Scandavia and Ireland, so they are geared for Leeds fans.

Depending on your budget, other options that I have stayed in and are good hotels, (some time since I was in some of these), from the most expensive would be;
The Marriott - off Boar Lane. Fine hotel and in the heart of the city night life. Have a decent quiet bar.
The Hilton - just below the train station. Match bus leaves nearly opposite here.
The Queens - city centre, beautiful building, slightly dated but great character. Next to train station again.
The Clayton - closest to the stadium (still a half an hour walk and you'd want to know your way). A bit out of town but still an easy walk, probably not with luggage though.

There are many budget options that you'll see on the likes of Trivago, I just haven't in them.

Hope that helps. It's a very friendly city and you'll enjoy your trip :thumbup:
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

There's Premier Inn (Leeds City West) just off Gelderd Road, has it's own bar & restaurant otherwise a bit isolated but is just the other side of the M621 motorway from the ground. Plenty of fans park on Gelderd Road and walk to the ground, so just follow the crowd.

Or another Premier Inn (Leeds City Centre) at the bottom of Kirkstall Road which has a TGI Fridays next door and is a short walk into the city centre. Also a Holiday Inn Express on the other side of Kirkstall Road.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

BrighouseWhite wrote:There's Premier Inn (Leeds City West) just off Gelderd Road, has it's own bar & restaurant otherwise a bit isolated but is just the other side of the M621 motorway from the ground. Plenty of fans park on Gelderd Road and walk to the ground, so just follow the crowd.

Or another Premier Inn (Leeds City Centre) at the bottom of Kirkstall Road which has a TGI Fridays next door and is a short walk into the city centre. Also a Holiday Inn Express on the other side of Kirkstall Road.
Leeds City West, that's the one I was trying to remember. A relatively easy walk from the ground.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not much to do around the ground if no match on so think you would be better staying at the city centre options but a lot will depend on your budget.

The holiday Inn express is a good call as they throw in a breakfast (nothing special but it's free and buffet style). They are usually not much more expensive than premier inns who charge nearly £10 extra for breakfast (although are all you can eat jobs if you like your food).

I use both on trips around the country both are clean, safe and comfortable.

What else you planning to do while in Yorkshire ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thanks guys. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Vitor-17
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Vitor-17 »

Thanks guys!!!
And, thank johnh :thumbup:

They helped me a lot. I looked, I saw that it was very difficult to find a hotel near the stadium, because I'll arrive in the morning by plane, but I'm glad that the train and bus transportation work well.
Selby White wrote:Not much to do around the ground if no match on so think you would be better staying at the city centre options but a lot will depend on your budget.

The holiday Inn express is a good call as they throw in a breakfast (nothing special but it's free and buffet style). They are usually not much more expensive than premier inns who charge nearly £10 extra for breakfast (although are all you can eat jobs if you like your food).

I use both on trips around the country both are clean, safe and comfortable.

What else you planning to do while in Yorkshire ?
I'm going to stay in Leeds for a few days because I'm going to meet other countries as well. But I go in the game and know a little about the city and its main points and bars.