Hostel or Hotel in Leeds

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Hostel or Hotel in Leeds

Post by Selby White »

One suggestion if you get bored with the city is a visit to the Royal Armouries it's a short walk from the centre and a national museum. It's also good for your budget as its Free.

Would also suggest a day visit to York, in my opinion one of the best tourist cities around. It's only 20 mile from York and lots of trains between the two cities (just get a day return from the ticket office). York is much smaller than Leeds but such an interesting place with a massive history. No shortage of good bars either.
Another free museum worth visiting while in York is the National railway museum.

I'm sure others on here can suggest other places.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

If you get time, I'd definitely consider the stadium tour. Relatively cheap, and you literally go everywhere - or at least you did when we went.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:One suggestion if you get bored with the city is a visit to the Royal Armouries it's a short walk from the centre and a national museum. It's also good for your budget as its Free.

Would also suggest a day visit to York, in my opinion one of the best tourist cities around. It's only 20 mile from York and lots of trains between the two cities (just get a day return from the ticket office). York is much smaller than Leeds but such an interesting place with a massive history. No shortage of good bars either.
Another free museum worth visiting while in York is the National railway museum.

I'm sure others on here can suggest other places.
Yep, definitely go to York and try to walk some of the sections of the city walls. Truly stunning.
A good (£10) place to go is the York Castle Museum, which is packed full of history.
https://www.yorkcastlemuseum.org.uk/vis ... formation/

York itself is the most beautiful city in England, IMHO, and second only to Edinburgh in the British Isles.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Have to agree with the above York is a stunning city & will be a million miles away from any city in Brazil.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Fortunately, York is around 20 minutes away for me.

Absolutely beautiful city, and well worth a visit. You might bump into some fellow countrymen, as its full of tourists 365 days of the year.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

When i go back to the UK i always visit York, lovely place! Spent 4 hours in the railway museum, pure bliss :ugeek:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Vitor-17
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Vitor-17 »

I was surprised by a beauty of the city of York.
Without doubt a city that I will visit. I did not even know this city.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Vitor-17 wrote:I was surprised by a beauty of the city of York.
Without doubt a city that I will visit. I did not even know this city.
You won't regret it, there are up to 6 trains every hour from Leeds to York so easy to do. It takes about 25 minutes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Vitor-17

Post by Vitor-17 »

Hey, guys!!!
The tickets available for purchase have appeared.

Could you explain the difference between the stands? North, East and West.
Which the best?
Vitor-17

Post by Vitor-17 »

I can not buy:

Vs Birmingham City is currently only available if you have purchased the following: 17/18 Season Tkt / Membership. Customer 880369 has not purchased 17/18 Season Tkt / Membership.