My guitar repair business

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 4758

My guitar repair business

Post by Deleted User 4758 »

Just thought I'd chime in and brag about mention that I run a guitar repair business in Kirkby-in-Ashfield. Though this is not relevant to LUFC it is kind of relevant as without the help (financial support) of a Leeds United fan I never met; I would not have this business.

When I was a member of uLUFC (Unofficial LUFC forum), I met a guy who was interested that I wanted to start my own business as a guitar repair tech. At the time, I had no money and the government were not prepared to help financially. This is where George 'Skygod' Wood came in. He had retired to Thailand a few years ago but, being an avid Leeds fan, was an active poster on uLUFC (as was I). As he had recently retired and was due to come into a lot of money, he asked me how much I would need to start my business. He then offered me a £1500 loan payable (interest free) over 3 years. Without George's loan, I would not have been able to start a business and I would still be living on benefits.

George unfortunately passed away recently but I will always be indebted to his massive act of kindness and generosity! Christian Guitars (now Fret Friend @ http://FretFriend.net/) thanks 'SkyGod' George, a very kind man and Leeds fan...

Here is the link to my Facebook page for those interested; https://facebook.com/ngoneseven/
Last edited by Deleted User 4758 on 13 Jul 2017, 14:23, edited 2 times in total.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: My business

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Nice one, hope it continues to prosper!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sounds cool, mate - anything that helps musicians and music in general is alright in my book.
Just "liked" your page too :)
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Ditto what Rigger said. :thumbup:

If you were a bit (a lot!) closer to Bristol I'd have a use for you. I've got an Ashton semi-acoustic Bass with a bent neck needs straightening out. Too big a job for me or my guitar playing mates.
Deleted User 3289

Re: My guitar repair business

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Glad to hear you made a go of it mate. Although I don't play anything other than the triangle. Listening to all kinds of music is one of my fav pastimes.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: My guitar repair business

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Although I don't play anything other than the triangle.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.