Random questions that pop into your head ..

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3150

Re: Random questions that pop into your head ..

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Here's one to cause a stink!

Why is it that working class people (which is virtually everybody) , insist on voting Tory.

Can't understand it myself.

I think the 'Ragged Trousered Philanthropists' should be compulsory reading in schools.

Along with a module entitled 'What the Tories did for working class people before the Labour Party and unions came along'

ENJOY ! :twisted:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

It's a bit like Union bashing. I know union reps, like any politician, can be corrupt and have their snouts in the trough but these are the people that brought us the weekend, paid holidays, safer working practices, shorter working hours etc.
Deleted User 3150

I feel a Monty Python sketch coming on!

'What did the unions ever do for us?' :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

whiteinfrance wrote:I feel a Monty Python sketch coming on!

'What did the unions ever do for us?' :D
:D :thumbup:
Deleted User 4758

Post by Deleted User 4758 »

whiteinfrance wrote:Here's one to cause a stink!

Why is it that working class people (which is virtually everybody) , insist on voting Tory.

Can't understand it myself.

I think the 'Ragged Trousered Philanthropists' should be compulsory reading in schools.

Along with a module entitled 'What the Tories did for working class people before the Labour Party and unions came along'

ENJOY ! :twisted:
I have absolutely no idea! I can only put it down to the media and their bs propaganda. I'm a Labour Party member and was flabbergasted that Mansfield lost it's Labour seat to the tories. First time since 1919 that Mansfield was not Labour run. The tories have no clue and they never cared for us EVER! How / why / do the working class fall for the tory bs?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Don't you just love a true democracy where we can all air our views without fear whether it be pro Labour , Conservative, LibDems, Green Party, The Monster Raving Loony Party or the DUP or is that the same thing? (Stands back and awaits retribution)

I personally can't wait until someone starts up a political party that 100% of the population agree with...................
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3150

Everyone's entitled to their view.

It's understanding the logic I have a problem with. :crazy:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

whiteinfrance wrote:Everyone's entitled to their view.

It's understanding the logic I have a problem with. :crazy:
Is it not just a North, South divide issue? The only people who can afford to live from Birmingham down to Cornwall are older more wealthy people. Hence you spend more money looking after that demographic and they reward you with a vote. Whilst the heathens from up North cant be arsed voting because they believe things for them will never change. :crazy:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

If the average rent in London is around £1,246pm where do all the economic migrants live? Something tells me the housing benefit welfare bill will be rather large down there.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

My party says free medical treatment for all things from cuts and bruises to terminal cancer treatment, 100% free for age related illnesses . Free education from primary school through to finishing university. No one will be taxed for public services or for the use of roads trains etc. What your employer pays you, you get in your pocket, no government deductions. Public transport will be free just swipe your national health card, which can be obtained by providing a UK address.
I have no idea how this will work but I'm sure theres many who would sign up for it. Mind you its nor far off what Mr Corbyn promises
Last edited by Davycc on 16 Jul 2017, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders