Gigs

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Gigs

Post by Sniffer »

The last gig I went to was the Manic Street Preachers. It was an outside gig on the Bristol Harbourside. I'd always wanted to see them but had never got around to it. It was their first gig in a few months and they were a bit rusty with James Dean Bradfield forgetting lyrics to a couple of songs, but he is such an engaging character no one seemed to mind.
Before that was the Isle of Wight festival with Razorlight, The Pretenders, Rod Stewart... all the new, thrusting, young acts. ;)
Deleted User 4758

Post by Deleted User 4758 »

My last gig was John Cooper Clarke in Leeds a couple of month back with my mrs and some mates from Leeds. Next one is The Stranglers in Perranporth (Cornwall) on Friday. We are staying down there for the weekend and booked a room in a cottage for a few days. Catching up on the old punk bands I never seen (which ain't many tbh as I toured/gigged in the 80's and was active on the scene for years until 2009-ish)...
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

After gigging hard for years I just stopped getting a thrill out of it? It's hard to put my finger on why and it does annoy me loving music as I do. I would love to do the BBC Proms but I believe it costs a arm & leg to go tho? A couple of my fav gigs over the years. Oasis + Charlatans, BRMC, The Coral gig down in Finsbury Park and the Goo Goo Dolls at the Manchester Apollo.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:After gigging hard for years I just stopped getting a thrill out of it? It's hard to put my finger on why and it does annoy me loving music as I do. I would love to do the BBC Proms but I believe it costs a arm & leg to go tho? A couple of my fav gigs over the years. Oasis + Charlatans, BRMC, The Coral gig down in Finsbury Park and the Goo Goo Dolls at the Manchester Apollo.
I rarely see any big gigs these days.
I just resent paying more than £30 to see anyone, especially when it's in some giant shed and you can't see the people making the noise on stage and everyone's got their phones out filming it and the queue for the bar is crazy and the prices there are outrageous given it's canned warm lager and the merchandise is also ridiculously expensive how do they justify £25 for a t-shirt that costs £3 to make and don't get me started on inappropriate support acts, self-important security staff and the person who chooses the warm-up music played on the PA before anyone takes the stage because it's completely different to what we've taken a second mortgage out to see and then there's getting there, especially in London, getting away, parking, trains, taxis, the underground, the crush to get out ...
Deleted User 3289

Thanks for putting your finger on it. :D I knew I was coming to the end of my gigging shelf-life when I started to want to sit down at gigs. I just couldn't take being barged about in the end. (i'm sounding like a old fart at 26) geez :D

Incidentally that's why you won't catch me standing at a footy game even when they do bring it back.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
I just resent paying more than £30 to see anyone, especially when it's in some giant shed and you can't see the people making the noise on stage and everyone's got their phones out filming it and the queue for the bar is crazy and the prices there are outrageous given it's canned warm lager and the merchandise is also ridiculously expensive how do they justify £25 for a t-shirt that costs £3 to make and don't get me started on inappropriate support acts, self-important security staff and the person who chooses the warm-up music played on the PA before anyone takes the stage because it's completely different to what we've taken a second mortgage out to see and then there's getting there, especially in London, getting away, parking, trains, taxis, the underground, the crush to get out ...
Totally agree ... It's just not worth it for Daniel O'Donnell
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I always think of that Father Ted episode, Night Of The Nearly Dead, with the singer and the jumper in a cake whenever I hear that name :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:I always think of that Father Ted episode, Night Of The Nearly Dead, with the singer and the jumper in a cake whenever I hear that name :D

:thumbup: :D :D :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:
He has some hardcore fans Daniel. I remember coming home from a night out in Blackpool town center, there was a group of middle age woman roughing it outside the Winter Gardens, curious, we asked why they were there. Daniel O'Donnell tickets they snarled, I said to my mate lets get out of here before we get hurt. I felt safer around the Punks at the rebellion festival. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:
He has some hardcore fans Daniel. I remember coming home from a night out in Blackpool town center, there was a group of middle age woman roughing it outside the Winter Gardens, curious, we asked why they were there. Daniel O'Donnell tickets they snarled, I said to my mate lets get out of here before we get hurt. I felt safer around the Punks at the rebellion festival. :D
Good move mate,they sharpen their dentures on grind stones.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders