PM's

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

PM's

Post by kk white »

Hi Mods,
Anyone know why my PM's are taking so long to send? I sent 6 during today's Sunderland match. 5 eventually sent, but over a 70 min period. 1 is still in the Outbox. It's not my connection either, as I was on super fast broadband in work.
Thanks.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Re: PM's

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I would delete some/all if you have a load in there.
Some boards only allow a limited amount of storage space and while this isn't one of them I doubt it helps if you have a load of fat folders full of old messages you no longer need.

Also, maybe clear your browser history and cache - a little light housekeeping often helps with things like this.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I keep telling her indoors that tidying up my computer files etc., comes under 'housekeeping' but she won't have it. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:I keep telling her indoors that tidying up my computer files etc., comes under 'housekeeping' but she won't have it. :shock:
:wtf:

That was dreadful, mate :lolno:
kk white

Post by kk white »

rigger wrote:I would delete some/all if you have a load in there.
Some boards only allow a limited amount of storage space and while this isn't one of them I doubt it helps if you have a load of fat folders full of old messages you no longer need.

Also, maybe clear your browser history and cache - a little light housekeeping often helps with things like this.
Only 10 (1%) messages in there I'm afraid. As for housekeeping, my OCD ensures I clear the history/cache a couple of times a week (crazy, I know).
Also, I used both work and home PC's today....
1 match link PM to isrodger still stuck in there, sent at 5.43pm.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Hmmm .. that's odd.
Not sure what to do really.
Might be one for Sheepy I think ..
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Fellas, as you all know I'm appalling at IT, but just in case you are being as thick as me...the messages only show as 'sent' once they have been 'read'.

You do know that right ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:Fellas, as you all know I'm appalling at IT, but just in case you are being as thick as me...the messages only show as 'sent' once they have been 'read'.

You do know that right ?
In other words, an unread message stays in your Outbox, is that right?

I wonder if the problem was because the site was very busy? I've never had that issue with PM sending before on here.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:Fellas, as you all know I'm appalling at IT, but just in case you are being as thick as me...the messages only show as 'sent' once they have been 'read'.

You do know that right ?
Eh? First time I have ever heard of an Outbox being used as an 'Unread' reservoir, and I'm 22 years studying and working with computers.
Outbox should be 'waiting/cannot send', and (I know this sounds crazy) Sent is 'sent'..!!
kk white

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:....an unread message stays in your Outbox, is that right?
But it's still sent!