PM's

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: PM's

Post by kk white »

Anyway, if that's the actual reason, fair enough. It'll stop me from re-checking to see if they were sent or not. Cheers.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I've noticed it before. I have a message sat in my outbox from a couple of weeks ago, which I'm pretty sure has not been read yet as I would have had a reply. It'll be interesting if it shows sent, when it is read.

As mentioned, I'm shocking at IT, so please don't rely on my ramblings.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote:I've noticed it before. I have a message sat in my outbox from a couple of weeks ago, which I'm pretty sure has not been read yet as I would have had a reply. It'll be interesting if it shows sent, when it is read.
Bit presumptuous, isn't it ??

What if it was one of those messages that naturally end a conversation ?
What if the person you sent it to didn't care for your tone ? ;)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk_white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Fellas, as you all know I'm appalling at IT, but just in case you are being as thick as me...the messages only show as 'sent' once they have been 'read'.

You do know that right ?
Eh? First time I have ever heard of an Outbox being used as an 'Unread' reservoir, and I'm 22 years studying and working with computers.
Outbox should be 'waiting/cannot send', and (I know this sounds crazy) Sent is 'sent'..!!
On another forum I rarely use now it DEFINITELY terms the Outbox as 'unread by recipient' mail. So Sent = sent but is not equal to Delivered, there.
Deleted User 728

Another Northern Soul wrote:On another forum I rarely use now it DEFINITELY terms the Outbox as 'unread by recipient' mail. So Sent = sent but is not equal to Delivered, there.
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

That's nice, mate.
Tell us another ;)
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

Nobody ever sends me PM's :(
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:On another forum I rarely use now it DEFINITELY terms the Outbox as 'unread by recipient' mail. So Sent = sent but is not equal to Delivered, there.
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

That's nice, mate.
Tell us another ;)
Sorry, what?? Some misplaced 'irony'?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

One Eyed Thompson wrote:Nobody ever sends me PM's :(
Ahem, that's not true :lol:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I've noticed it before. I have a message sat in my outbox from a couple of weeks ago, which I'm pretty sure has not been read yet as I would have had a reply. It'll be interesting if it shows sent, when it is read.
Bit presumptuous, isn't it ??

What if it was one of those messages that naturally end a conversation ?
What if the person you sent it to didn't care for your tone ? ;)
No, not presumptuous.

This message would have got a response, and it was a very appreciative message so this person would be more than happy with my tone.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Sorry chaps :wave:

I'm in an extra cheeky mood this morning for some reason :shh: