LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Sports you don't get

Post by Davycc »

In order of switch inducing effect highest first;

Cricket
Formula 1
Ice hockey
Horse racing
Rugby (All including that American version they call football)
Fishing
Swimming
Tennis

Love playing golf but rarely watch
Play Squash every week but cannot watch it
Used to love super bikes and Moto GP but now don't bother (since getting rid of me bike)

All others wouldn't even think of watching bat footie of course
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

No time to watch sports these days because of work/study/young kiddies, but would have watched most at some stage over the years, except horse racing. Never did it for me.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Any form of motor racing! i've even watched 3 grand prix from start to finish (in my lifetime) and I still don't get the fascination with it.

Love Kabaddi though! ;) Great game!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Baseball and American football, sorry just don't get the appeal.
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

cricket ... to me that really IS starts and stops, but somehow waiting around for something all day - I ain't got that amount of time to "lose" !! :)
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

daib0 wrote:cricket ... to me that really IS starts and stops, but somehow waiting around for something all day - I ain't got that amount of time to "lose" !! :)
As a comedian once asked, "How the f**k can you play a game for 5 days, and then call it a draw?"
Please don't correct me if this is not actually possible, you get what he's driving at... :)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

daib0 wrote:cricket ... to me that really IS starts and stops, but somehow waiting around for something all day - I ain't got that amount of time to "lose" !! :)
4 day cricket or test cricket is akin to playing chess. How anyone can't get into cricket is beyond me. I like all 3 forms of the game the 4 day championship games, the one day cup & the t20. It's a civilised sport where you can sit with a beer & have banter with opposition fans.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

A mate who I played footie with took up cricket (he's now the clubs chairman) when we both hung up our boots. The next summer he persuaded me to play one Saturday. We fielded first and I was sent to "way out there of outside mid wicket stumps" or something like that. I stood there for 90 mins and eventually something must have happened because I was waved over to the sidelines (sic) and told we were now batting but I needed to go sit down as I was batting last. Another couple of hours passed by in what seemed like just a couple of days when all of a sudden everyone started to clap and walk off the pitch/field. I thought maybe it was half time but apparently it was all over as people got into their cars and drove off. I think we lost.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote:A mate who I played footie with took up cricket (he's now the clubs chairman) when we both hung up our boots. The next summer he persuaded me to play one Saturday. We fielded first and I was sent to "way out there of outside mid wicket stumps" or something like that. I stood there for 90 mins and eventually something must have happened because I was waved over to the sidelines (sic) and told we were now batting but I needed to go sit down as I was batting last. Another couple of hours passed by in what seemed like just a couple of days when all of a sudden everyone started to clap and walk off the pitch/field. I thought maybe it was half time but apparently it was all over as people got into their cars and drove off. I think we lost.
It's the taking part that counts, mate :wave: :crazy: :o
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Can't stand Motor Racing or Motorcycle Racing of any kind. Totally bored to pieces watching any American sports and have never watched Wrestling or Horse Racing. I have enjoyed Golf, Snooker and a bit of Cricket in the past but they're beginning to bore me now although watching Yorkshire in the one day matches are sometimes exciting. Football and Rugby LEAGUE are miles in front of anything else and I love them both equally since I'm a lifelong Leeds Utd and Wakefield Trinity supporter who has always travelled home and away to watch my teams. Us Rugby Leaguers actually call Union YAWNION as it's so uninteresting and more stop start than American Football.