Electromagnetic Pulse: North Korea’s Latest Threat

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Electromagnetic Pulse: North Korea’s Latest Threat

Post by daib0 »

johnh wrote:Yes, I agree with Rigger. Don't know how you can refer to Kim Jong-un as only half mad.
:lol: :clap:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Vladimir Putin again showing that he seems to be the world peace maker these days following on from Syria.

http://news.sky.com/story/putin-north-k ... s-11021211

Although I'm struggling to see a end to this tit for tat at this present moment.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I personally think the subterranean Neptunians will jump in before we earthlings destroy our planet, round us all up and exile us to Pluto then use earth as an air miles getaway for peaceful folk.....

Oh wait, this medication is wearing off, I'm not mad we really have Thrump and Kim Jong Marsh.

Still I bet no one NOT anyone has a H bomb aimed at Antrim :crazy:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
daib0

Post by daib0 »

Just seen on the Beeb:

"North Korea nuclear crisis: Test 'caused landslides' "

"North Korea's recent nuclear test appears to have triggered several landslides, according to what are believed to be the first satellite images of the aftermath. Sunday's test took place underground at the mountainous Punggye-ri site. Analysis group 38 North published pictures which show "more numerous and widespread" disturbances than before. The test unleashed a powerful 6.3-magnitude tremor which was felt across the border in China."

and this -

"Earlier this week Chinese scientists warned of the possibility of the mountain caving in and releasing radiation after future tests, reported the South China Morning Post."
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:I personally think the subterranean Neptunians will jump in before we earthlings destroy our planet, round us all up and exile us to Pluto then use earth as an air miles getaway for peaceful folk.....

Oh wait, this medication is wearing off, I'm not mad we really have Thrump and Kim Jong Marsh.

Still I bet no one NOT anyone has a H bomb aimed at Antrim :crazy:
I hear that Outer Mongolia are a bit miffed at Antrim. Don't know the details, but it goes back to 1746 apparently. Still, not sure they have the technical expertise to deliver an H bomb. It would take a yak ages to get there.
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Vladimir Putin again showing that he seems to be the world peace maker these days following on from Syria.

Although I'm struggling to see a end to this tit for tat at this present moment.
There's peace in Syria thanks to Russia? :shock:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

There will be war.

It might not be worldwide, but there will be bloodshed sooner rather than later.
India looks caught between China and Pakistan right now.
North Korea seem intent on pushing the buttons of the US, Japan and South Korea.
Trump's not far from pushing a button of his own.
The Crimea is still rumbling on but Putin's a bit distracted right now in his attempt to become a world statesman ahead of the World Cup, hence the PR-heavy article above (what a comedy lead line about him being the reason why there's "peace" in Syria).
I fully expect that he'll attempt to take back most of the old Soviet territories once the tournament is over.

The question is how wide-scale it will be and if any nukes will be used.

I've read not one but two articles this month from men in their 90s who were there at the start of the last World War and they both state that we're closer to it happening again that we were either with the first Korean war, the Cuban missile crisis or at any time during the Cold War. The signs are there and there are ominous and obvious parallels with the nazi propaganda machine and how it geared the people up for the desired conflict.

As I've said before, there's bugger all any of us can do about it other than wait and see what happens.

I watched the movie The Dead Zone again recently.
Worth a look if you want to see Stephen King's eerily familiar take on a right-wing president hell-bent on destruction .. :cry:
daib0

Post by daib0 »

good, but scary, post rigger :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Vladimir Putin again showing that he seems to be the world peace maker these days following on from Syria.

There's peace in Syria thanks to Russia? :shock:
:shifty: Relative peace. :D My thinking along the lines that if it wasn't for Assad's links with Russia. Trump and his non conforming military actions would have bombed the number 2s out Syria by now. And we have enough evidence to suggest that removing vicious regimes doesn't solve the wider issues.

Thankfully the media have decided to give Syria a break. As there is a mad Asian bloke to contend with at the minute.