Electromagnetic Pulse: North Korea’s Latest Threat

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Electromagnetic Pulse: North Korea’s Latest Threat

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Some idiot was on the radio the other day saying the Monarchy only costs each person around 87p a year, I texted in and said why don't we all get reimbursed that 87p and give 87p to the NHS instead.

Amen to that thought, brother :thumbup:

... not that I believe in god, either :lol:
Rigger, have you ever thought? If there is a God, people will be able to point a finger at you in the after-life and take the piss something cronic. If there isn't a God, then no one will ever know. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:
rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Some idiot was on the radio the other day saying the Monarchy only costs each person around 87p a year, I texted in and said why don't we all get reimbursed that 87p and give 87p to the NHS instead.

Rigger, have you ever thought? If there is a God, people will be able to point a finger at you in the after-life and take the piss something cronic. If there isn't a God, then no one will ever know. :D
John, you know me better than most on here - do you honestly think I'd care if anyone took the piss in the afterlife ?? :D
They and I have been doing it for fifty years already, so the rest of eternity would feel empty without it .. if there is a god, of course ;)
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:
rigger wrote:

John, you know me better than most on here - do you honestly think I'd care if anyone took the piss in the afterlife ?? :D
They and I have been doing it for fifty years already, so the rest of eternity would feel empty without it .. if there is a god, of course ;)
There may, of course, be an afterlife devoid of a god. A passing through into another realm that prepares us for something else further down the line. Or it could just be bollocks and we will just be worm food. Either way I won't be stressing about it.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I bloody hope there is something else, I mean, all these righteous good deeds I have been doing for nothing. No chance! I've spoke to God on more than one occasion, and he said son, there's no need for you to die on the cross again. Good things come to those who wait. :D
Deleted User 728

Anyway, sod the EMP threat.
At this rate there'll be war in the Pacific one way or another and it's not looking good, is it ?

Excellent piece on the whole thing here (very long read, btw) : https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... th/528717/
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I often think of life as a game, you build destructive toys and eventually they will fall into the wrong hands.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

There is always a bright side. This electromagnetic pulse thing might sort out my atrial fibrilation. :thumbup:
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

wel, to tell you the truth I feel pretty uneasy at all this: you've got one total madman and one half madman trying to do world business ... :o :(
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Deleted User 728

daib0 wrote:wel, to tell you the truth I feel pretty uneasy at all this: you've got one total madman and one half madman trying to do world business ... :o :(
Half ???

They're both the full fruit and nut if you ask me ..

And John, you might be our only hope ! Get suited up :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Yes, I agree with Rigger. Don't know how you can refer to Kim Jong-un as only half mad.