Forums

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Forums

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What others do you frequent ? Me personally apart from obviously here are just WACCOE & the White Rose forum (YCCC forum)

Where do you while away your time, let's keep any adult ones to ourself eh! :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Forums

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The only other place I frequent now is a hifi forum called ArtOfSound.

Similar sort of place to here in that it's mostly "older chaps", shall we say ? :D

Lots of banter, lots of music and movie chat, loads of off-topic bollocks as well as one hell of a lot of tech stuff about equipment.
There's loads of amateur/semi-pro/pro hifi buffs out there mucking about with electronics, restoration and cabinetry (I'm a dab hand at the woody stuff myself) and I enjoy perusing the galleries.
It also has a strong ethos regarding kit and the selling thereof. Rather than use the dreaded 'Bay, a lot of us swap, buy and sell our gear through the site, saving money as it's all a bit "mates' rates" once you've been on there a while.

It's a lot like this place in that there's some REALLY sound individuals who help each other out with loads of stuff, from ferrying speakers up and down the country for nowt if they're going that way to having meet-ups - you take a bit of kit along and listen to each other's gear over a coffee or beer or whatever - and dishing out free advice.

It's brilliant if you're into music and, obviously, hifi itself.

I did used to be a member of a Subbuteo forum but had a massive, very public falling out with a West Ham skinhead who'd move to the Czech Republic because his part of London wasn't white enough anymore. I'm not making this up.
The mods and admins did sod all to rein in his vile opinions so I called him out and ended up leaving over it.
I don't need poisonous people in my life.

Forums should be fun places for like-minded people to share opinions, news, photos, stories and make new friends, not spread hatred ..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Don't really bother with other forums nowadays although I'm a member of the Leeds United group on Flickr. Plenty of members that share photos but only a very small handful that communicate through the discussion/forum part.
Did take part on a travel forum on a regular basis a few years back.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

I am on Urban Glasgow which is well worth a look at and also on Pie & Bovril which is the Scottish Football Forum.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I'm a one forum man. I like to have a sniff around opposing teams forums occasionally to see how they viewed our performance. Particularly when I have watched the game.

I used to like reading Moscowwhites take on the games. His he still bothering does anyone know? I couldn't find any game reports for this season.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Everton forum 'Toffeetalk'. Good forum, some good guys on there. Quite a few Yanks from the Tim Howard connection.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Browse opposition forums before we play them, but otherwise Talk is the only one for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Browse opposition forums before we play them, but otherwise Talk is the only one for me.
Ditto. I did join the Mercedes Benz forum when I bought my old girl, has saved me a fortune on repair tips but haven't been on in a while.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Browse opposition forums before we play them, but otherwise Talk is the only one for me.
Ditto.
It's good to get an overview of their side, it also makes me smile how much other teams hate 'Dirty Leeds' :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Only this one! :D
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.