Hifi, AV and vinyl

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Hifi, AV and vinyl

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh wrote:Does the blue one play Z Cars? :D
No blue moon John. Apparently they have doped everyone up that much its part of the main-frame. :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Hifi's decent tbf, but I'm more a Beaver Works or Canal Mills man myself.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote:Hifi's decent tbf, but I'm more a Beaver Works or Canal Mills man myself.
At the risk of sounding like an old man, WTF are you on about, sonny ??? :wtf: :D
Deleted User 728

SiMamu wrote:Hifi's decent tbf, but I'm more a Beaver Works or Canal Mills man myself.
At the risk of sounding like an old man, WTF are you on about, sonny ??? :wtf: :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Hifi is the name of a club in Leeds :).
Deleted User 728

:thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Tell me you don't set foot in a place called Beaver Works :wtf:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:Tell me you don't set foot in a place called Beaver Works :wtf:
:silent: :silent: :silent:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rigger wrote:Wow !!
That's a proper bargain - lovely sounding amp. A mate had one and I thought it was excellent.

If you take the shell off, you can use alcohol to clean the "pots" (the inner part of the selector).
You might need a special or star-shaped screwdriver though, but remove the cover (unplug it first, obviously) then take a look at the dial part of the selector and volume control. See if they're attached with a grub screw or can just be worked or pulled off gently. Once that's away, you can take a cotton bud and either dip it in isopropyl alcohol (get it from the chemist) or any stylus/CD cleaning fluid you may have or even with a surgical wipe, just hold it round the bud till it's damp. Less is more. Use sparingly and run around the "turny bit" (see, I told you I was technical) and that should do the trick and stop the crackling.

Failing that, just get in the habit of turning the volume down before changing the source so you don't hear it through the speakers :D

By the way, I like your style : those headphones look the nuts :D
It was a bargain. The best I've ever had tbh. It was a youngish girl selling the amp, I've often thought she was selling her ex boyfriends system off or something. It certainly wasn't wrapped up in cotton wool when I picked it up off the floor upside down. :D

I tried spraying cleaning fluid around the contacts inside the case. No joy. The input selector doesn't jolt into place like it should it just spins like a volume knob, that's why it takes a bit of fiddling. I must say its a rewarding bit of fiddling when you hit the spot.

The headphones are alright for the price. Perfect fit for my ears, if you have bigger than average lugs I would give them a miss.