Worcester Area

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Worcester Area

Post by dlw10 »

Selby White wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Selby White wrote:That's great DLW looking at the walk we are intending to do its a circular and one of the places you can park and start from is at the British Camp (others are Colwall station, Gardiners quarry or Black Hill).
Don't know the area at all but Cathy said she wanted to visit the Malverns and as we often drive past heading to the south west, we've booked to stay in the area and planned the walk. In fact the website we found had 7 walks so we'll be visiting again I'm sure to do each one in turn on future trips.
Probably will not get to the Swan this time as will take packed lunch on the walk then will be driving to Taunton and out for a meal there. All info is good even if not on this trip on future visits.

We are staying just off the M5 but near junction 5, just at a holiday inn express but planning to go into Worcester the day we arrive.
Have a great time, all you need is the weather to be decent... you don''t want to be up there on there on the hills if the wind is howling or it's pouring down! Believe it or not I saw the hills almost every day of my life for 18 years yet only went up on then a handful of times!!!!
Weather can be a gamble so fingers are crossed. The write up for the walk must mention the wind because Cathy said if it's windy we need to do the route in the right direction so it's a back wind for the high section.

We've started logging our walks with photos so will put a link up on here for this one once it's done.
Superb - look forward to seeing them. D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As promised here is a link to our Malvern Walk, certainly is a very scenic area :-

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm9xAL9t

And also got into Worcester for a few hours so those familiar may recognise these :-

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5KyujW

Didn't get into Great Malvern as the "Three Counties Show" was on and traffic was horrendous.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Great photo's SW, thanks for posting. My calf muscles are aching just looking at them. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Really enjoyed looking through those SW - feeling proper homesick now! The show that was on at the Three Counties Showground was the Malvern Autumn Show rather than the actual Three Counties Show which runs around 15/16/17 June each Summer.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dlw10 wrote:Really enjoyed looking through those SW - feeling proper homesick now! The show that was on at the Three Counties Showground was the Malvern Autumn Show rather than the actual Three Counties Show which runs around 15/16/17 June each Summer.
We really have a beautiful country, think as I get older I appreciate it more than ever.
A lot of years ago Mrs SW attended the three counties show and said to herself "one day I'll walk one day in them hills", last week was that ambition fulfilled.
As we go to south west on occasions think we'll be stopping in the area again to do some other walks.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.