8%
Other
4%

Total votes: 24

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Which supermarket

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:As I’ve said previously, I haven’t been in a supermarket for a proper shop for years, I don’t see the point of all the hassle, so cannot comment on Morrison’s instore shops.

However, we do use them online at least twice a month, and find them very good. We get the odd substitution, but generally they are all ok and the drivers are always courteous and friendly.
Actually don't mind shopping as usually go in with a list of things we need but spot other stuff we fancy as we go.
Also quite amazing how many people I bump in to for a chat, family, ex workmates, people I grew up with along with the occasional Leeds fan :D

As for Morrisons its definitely the best in our town for their fresh stuff (Butchers & Bakers), in fact Tescos have shut their deli counter.
However Tescos is still our main shop find their prices slightly cheaper than Morrisons like for like (especially with the club card discounts they are doing).

See we are getting a Lidl not too far from you BB
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:As I’ve said previously, I haven’t been in a supermarket for a proper shop for years, I don’t see the point of all the hassle, so cannot comment on Morrison’s instore shops.

However, we do use them online at least twice a month, and find them very good. We get the odd substitution, but generally they are all ok and the drivers are always courteous and friendly.
Actually don't mind shopping as usually go in with a list of things we need but spot other stuff we fancy as we go.
Also quite amazing how many people I bump in to for a chat, family, ex workmates, people I grew up with along with the occasional Leeds fan :D

As for Morrisons its definitely the best in our town for their fresh stuff (Butchers & Bakers), in fact Tescos have shut their deli counter.
However Tescos is still our main shop find their prices slightly cheaper than Morrisons like for like (especially with the club card discounts they are doing).

See we are getting a Lidl not too far from you BB
It’s all the hassle of parking, Morrison’s is a joke for that by the way (I suppose you’ll just walk from your house so probably don’t notice), getting round the actual aisles (with people stood talking to folk they’ve bumped into for a chat :D), then there’s the queue at the checkout, as the cashier discusses everything from the weather to traffic in town with the other customers, then loading stuff back into the car, unloading it and packing away at home.

Online, browse what you want with a cuppa or something stronger, plan your meals or click on the recipe option which loads everything into your trolley with one push of a button, do something else with the 90 minutes or so that you would have wasted travelling back and forth to the supermarket and let the driver bring your goodies to the door.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I must admit since discovering online shopping I prefer it to actually going to the shop. We used Tesco & Sainsbury’s, have tried to get M&S but for whatever reason can’t sign on. Out of all the deliveries we’ve had we’ve had one driver who was a bit grumpy. During the summer we’d offer them a cold water & they were very grateful indeed. Yes most drivers are courteous & chatty. We even had one who asked was there any mail we needed posting.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: It’s all the hassle of parking, Morrison’s is a joke for that by the way (I suppose you’ll just walk from your house so probably don’t notice), getting round the actual aisles (with people stood talking to folk they’ve bumped into for a chat :D), then there’s the queue at the checkout, as the cashier discusses everything from the weather to traffic in town with the other customers, then loading stuff back into the car, unloading it and packing away at home.
Agree the parking is terrible at Morrisons and not always with people in the shop. We don't use them a lot just for odds and sods and are correct we are likely to be walking and in town anyway.
We do the big shop at Tesco and parking is fine there if you avoid Fri & Sat mornings and rarely queues at the tills, they seem to have enough staff on.

We've actually used Farmfoods a bit recently for a few things and not just freezer stuff, there prices are more than competitive on things like Bread, Milk, cheese, toilet rolls, tinned stuff (soups, beans), etc. They of course don't have a car park but you can park in the council car park right in front on a Sunday and more times than not the shop is quiet. Usually can get discount if you go to voucher codes, its a winner for me.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.