8%
Other
4%

Total votes: 24

mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Which supermarket

Post by mapperleywhite »

Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Don''t seem to be able to vote? Use M&S mostly (for food) though have found Aldi very good both in terms of good shop layout and good quality. Aldi also has the advantage of being 'out of town shopping'.
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just back from a visit to Waitrose which is closing soon which is a real pity as actually enjoy shopping there.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Davycc wrote:
Looking forward to the new M&S foodhall opening near work. As NW says tad more expensive but never a let down.
My word that was over 2 years ago... where has the time went.

They opened and started doing the meal for two deal which lost half of it's appeal as they didn't have a alcohol licence at the start. Now they do and I nearly always get one every week, great value and always a nice wine.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just back from a visit to Waitrose which is closing soon which is a real pity as actually enjoy shopping there.
We very occasionally shop there but only if in York as there isn't one in Selby.
Actually be in there on Friday to pick up a few things.
It's actually one of the supermarkets (along with Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Co-op) that we occasionally get "cash back" from our bank.
Tend to use them all when it's available, every little helps. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Co-op.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Frankie wrote:Co-op.
Yes when we have cash back :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just back from a visit to Waitrose which is closing soon which is a real pity as actually enjoy shopping there.
We occasionally get deliveries from Waitrose and it comes from their Wollaton branch, so I'm not sure if we'll still be able to get them after November 10th when it closes.

I've recently received an offer from Ocado which caused me to look into what they have available and there's many, but not all, of Waitrose's products.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

According to the poll Morrisons is popular with this group, as historically it has been with us.

However I notice a discernable drop off in service this year. Firstly they did not honour a bundle offer back in June, even though I wrote to customer services twice.

We've always rated them, amongst the big supermarkets, as best for lamb joints, so tonight we had a shoulder, which was pretty good, but there will be no second helping - like before - as there was so much bone and fat.

Anyone else have a comparable experience with them?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

As I’ve said previously, I haven’t been in a supermarket for a proper shop for years, I don’t see the point of all the hassle, so cannot comment on Morrison’s instore shops.

However, we do use them online at least twice a month, and find them very good. We get the odd substitution, but generally they are all ok and the drivers are always courteous and friendly.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.