Which supermarket

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Where do you do your shopping ?
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Which supermarket

We've just had a M&S food hall open within walking distance & love it. Alright it's a tad expensive but it's absolutely quality imho.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Shop at quite a few different places, but mainly at Asda so had to vote "other".
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Wigan White wrote:Shop at quite a few different places, but mainly at Asda so had to vote "other".
I forgot Asda so done the poll again ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Tesco is the main one we use (weekly) as they keep sending extra money off vouchers.

Do a "Home Bargains" shop about once per month as a number of items we use are significantly cheaper there. I'll add we don't get their milk as we've had it go off well before the sell by date (probably only a issue at the Selby store).

Use Morrisons occasionally and when in York have been known to shop for certain things at Waitrose.

Frozen stuff we find some excellent deals at Farm Foods (stock up freezer every 4 to 6 weeks)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Shop at quite a few different places, but mainly at Asda so had to vote "other".
I forgot Asda so done the poll again ;)
Shop at quite a few different places, but mainly at Asda so had to vote "Asda". :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Voted Tesco because of the vouchers (save them for Christmas)
ASDA would be 2nd as we use them a bit too.
Will do fruit and veg shopping at LIDL
Nearest Sainsbury's is miles away and not very good.

Don't have Aldi, Morrisons or Waitrose

Looking forward to the new M&S foodhall opening near work. As NW says tad more expensive but never a let down.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:
Looking forward to the new M&S foodhall opening near work. As NW says tad more expensive but never a let down.
Was on my own for 6 days last week, long story but I shopped at M&S everyday. Their ready meals are lovely & I bought extra vegetables to boost the meals up. Best thing that's happened round here in my opinion.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Aldi. I've found them best for value regards quality. And they have some fantastic staff. (I have to be honest and say, I don't think I'm one of them) :D

I think the days of a family gathering at supermarkets is over. Get in, get it done and get back to the pub. Spend a little, live a lot.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Son works for Aldi so I naturally try to shop there for everything they stock. The quality of almost everything is top notch ( and in fact most of the stuff is top branded stuff rebranded for Aldi!!!!) and the prices for a typical basket of stuff are regularly 25 to 35% lower than you'll pay at the likes of Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Mossers. We do have to do a little top up shop to get a handful of stuff they don't sell but other than that don't think you can beat em. Still fail to understand why the much needed consolidation has yet to happen in the supermarket world - Lidl and Aldi continue to open brand new shops all over the place and grow their market share while sales stagnate or fall at the others; that cannot continue indefinitely.