What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by kk white »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:We've had a steak & kidney casserole in the slow cooker since 09:30 this morning. Dumplings, mashed potato, swede & the obligatory peas :D
Read this yesterday and just back from the butchers and tonight Matthew it's steak and kidney pie with chips here :D haven't had it for ages so looking forward to it.
Not trying NW's recipe yet, but bought my steak and kidney pie for tonight... You've started this weeks trend NW :thumbup:

I should add, herself is away for the weekend, so it's pie, few beers and 6, yes 6 live matches today:

Boro v Leeds (if I can get a stream)
Ire v Scot rugby
Italy v Wales rugby
2x All Ireland (think FA Cup) hurling semi finals
Dublin v Kerry, Gaelic Football league (I'm not a huge Gaelic Football fan, but they are 2 giants of the game here)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just to say last nights steak and kidney pie was lovely :D Roast lamb with all these trimmings tonight, a proper Sunday dinner.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

My proper Sunday dinner will be shortly, which means a sandwich tonight.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Will be very simple tonight. Minute steaks sliced fried with mushrooms, onions and sweet peppers smothered in a creamy pepper sauce. with some nice new pots... may do veg but am feeling lazy.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Had my beers before the pie last night.

Got up this morning and plate was still beside the sink, unwashed but spotless... Did I lick it clean? :oops:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just finished my roast beef and Yorkshire pud. Roast pots, sprouts, green beans, glass of red. At the moment, I don't think I can manage a sandwich tonight! :D
I once played against Don Revie.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Have just finished preparing tonight's dinner. Because I'll be at work on Thursday night and there is the Swansea match tomorrow, I said I'd do the Valentine's meal tonight. We never go out for it, just don't see the point of paying over the odds for a limited menu.

So have decided on bruschetta topped with homemade pesto and tomatoes, followed by chicken and chorizo paella. Have also done individual apple crumbles to have with ice-cream although they may have to wait for a couple of hours after we've had the paella.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Got a Gammon Joint and a few veggies to roast and some tinned pineapple, will do for tonight and tomoz (and possibly a lunch sarnie)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Wife's going to a leaving do tonight & picking a Chinese up on the way back.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Gammon steak, egg, pineapple, chips and sweet corn I'm salivating just at the thought.