What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 1022

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Sinigang Baboy (Filipino dish) which consists or pork boiled in a sour soup with Tamarind and some added vegetables, some local vegetables but UK vegetables can be used too. Its my favorite Filipino dish and my wife adds in some extra spices at times for me. Kids love this meal also but without the spices.

you can have this dish also with fish, snakemeat, and other types of meat including beef, but the best two are fish and pork.

here's the wiki book for the recipe if you want to try it for yourselves and if you like different styles of cooking.
https://tl.wikibooks.org/wiki/Sinigang_na_Baboy

On that point we really should have a page set up for recipes for our LUFCtalkers. If anything we can all learn new styles of cooking with recipes and cooking tips added and pictures if possible
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite, always good to hear from you. Been having a search for ingredients for Sinigang Baboy, can't find a snake anywhere. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just been sorting out tonight's fare which will be homemade chicken & ham pie with a puff pastry top. This will be served with homemade chips & peas ( we love peas here :D )
Winner of the Europa League
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »

Oh no! I cooked Jansson's frestelse, but when it was oven I read that Jansson is on the bench today.
Well, it was good anyway.
Deleted User 1022

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just been sorting out tonight's fare which will be homemade chicken & ham pie with a puff pastry top. This will be served with homemade chips & peas ( we love peas here :D )
I Hope they're mushy peas NW. :thumbup:
Deleted User 1022

johnh wrote:CorkWhite, always good to hear from you. Been having a search for ingredients for Sinigang Baboy, can't find a snake anywhere. :D
Hi John. Always good to hear from you too mate.

St Patrick killed all the snakes in Ireland but i fear the natives in the UK had theirs stolen by the Norman invasion or was it the Vikings? Snake meat tastes like chicken but can have a tangy taste depending on the ingredients its cooked with. Try rat meat or dog hahaha. There are some who do that here but sorry my stomach only went as far as goat meat and snake and that was after many gargles of beer.

An old saying is try everything in life once or twice just to be sure you liked/hated it. I sadly don't do well with this saying either. There are somethings i simply wouldn't go for. :D
Deleted User 1022

johnh wrote:CorkWhite, always good to hear from you. Been having a search for ingredients for Sinigang Baboy, can't find a snake anywhere. :D
https://www.maggi.ph/recipes/view/153/p ... gLUkvD_BwE
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thanks for the recipe CW. Unfortunately, my kangkong leaves have gone brown, its autumn here! I'm not very adventurous re food, just like all the old traditional dishes. Can't remember how I managed during my two years in Singapore and Malaya, think I existed on fruit mostly! First time I ever had mango''s and papaya. Also discovered that there are dozens of different types of banana.
Really hope all is well with you CW and that your leg is nicely healed.
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Have just finished a really nice home made Shepherd's Pie, which included home grown spuds, tomatoes, onions and garlic, with some home grown broccoli as our greens. :)
Washed down with a couple of very nice bottles of Tangle Foot. :P :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Blimey, you lot eat far more healthier than me :oops: :oops: :oops:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.