What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by Davycc »

Heading to a wee local place called Ruby's who do a great steak night on a Thusday a big Steak, Side, Sauce and a pint, from only £10.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Talking of steak. Anybody visiting Tadcaster area I've no bones in recommending a place called The Rythre Arms. Cracking steak.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Talking of steak. Anybody visiting Tadcaster area I've no bones in recommending a place called The Rythre Arms. Cracking steak.
It's about 6 mile or so from me and you are correct it's a cracking steak house reputed to be the best in Yorkshire.
Do various size steaks don't know if they still do the "Rythre Monster" a 78oz challenge.

Good to see you got the pub spelling correct it's in a village called Ryther.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

All you can eat cheeseboard (Rustique camembert, Doux de Montagne, Morbier and Ossau Iraty from the French Pyrenees), prosciutto, anchovy stuffed olives, gala melon all washed down with a bottle of red...
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Selby White wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Talking of steak. Anybody visiting Tadcaster area I've no bones in recommending a place called The Rythre Arms. Cracking steak.
It's about 6 mile or so from me and you are correct it's a cracking steak house reputed to be the best in Yorkshire.
Do various size steaks don't know if they still do the "Rythre Monster" a 78oz challenge.

Our friends in Tad highlighted the Rythre to us but it seems quite pricey, the cheapest steak being 8oz rump at £16.95. The 78oz is still there at £56.95!
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Balti special, lamb rogan josh, vegetable rice & tomato & garlic naan from our favourite restaurant/takeaway Havelis. Right off to pick it up. :D
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Our friends in Tad highlighted the Rythre to us but it seems quite pricey, the cheapest steak being 8oz rump at £16.95. The 78oz is still there at £56.95!
Hey Map.. You should know more than anybody that you can't put a price on quality. I treated the Mrs to the early bird menu :D I think it was the 12oz we chose. Delicious!

Selb. Talking of challenges you might also know the other place we visited, a place called the Crooked Billet? They have a Yorkshire Pudding challenge for £15. If I live local I would probably give it a go, doubt i'd have a chance of finishing it tho. When we ordered the other half was expecting a Aunt Bassie type of Yorkshire pudding, her eyes nearly popped out of her head when it came out about the size of a small baking tray. :P

You gotta love tripadvisor hence the correct spelling of the pub. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I struggled with the burger at the Crooked Billet, never mind the Yorky Puds :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

An ostrich steak with onions, mash and greens. Very nice. :)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Lamb roast with veggies
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.