What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Davycc wrote:Now I know I'm not from Yorkshire but this may be considered a Yorkshire emotion. I'm not a lover of turkey so I purchased a leg of lamb which I tenderly massaged with oil, salt, Rosemary and garlic. I roasted it to perfection basting it with love and then cradled it to the outlaws yesterday where I had 2 YES 2 slices with a little ham AND NO TURKEY. We had a tipple or 2 and made our way home.

Today her indoors said we would have a lovely tea of "TURKEY" and "a bit of ham" etc. I asked where the lamb was to which she replied "Oh I left that for my dad "HE DOESN'T LIKE TURKEY.

£20 worth of flaming lamb, I cooked and I get 2 flaming slices. Her dad didn't even eat any today as his grand daughter took it to share at work.

I'm now officially a grumpy old bas$ard !!!
Whilst I can, wholeheartedly, recognise and share your disappointment may I just remind you of a post a couple of days ago:
"Some of you may or may not know I had an "interesting" break up a few years ago which set me back quite a bit.
GOOD news is I'm rebuilding with a wonderful partner."
;) :angel:
Blah de blah blah blah.... True.... but this is food we're talking about :D
Oh Davy....we ate lamb today that was prepared to perfection...I fully sympathise.....isn't there some middle ground that could be, let's say eased, by perhaps a a bottle CdP??
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from M&S & bought one of their meal deals for £20 it consists of Coquille Saint Jacques, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Tarte au Citron & a bottle of bubbly. It is Christmas after all :D
Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from M&S & bought one of their meal deals for £20 it consists of Coquille Saint Jacques, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Tarte au Citron & a bottle of bubbly. It is Christmas after all :D
Gosh that sounds nice!
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

After the Christmas 'excesses' am looking forward to scrambled egg on toast with beans.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Have a leg of lamb in the oven doing slowly as we speak (was bought yesterday for some reason :D )
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

johnh wrote:After the Christmas 'excesses' am looking forward to scrambled egg on toast with beans.
Now that's what I do love myself John, all these fancy meals putting down here really knock me for six regarding the different styles of foods but nothing beats a simple yet delicious breakfast.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:After the Christmas 'excesses' am looking forward to scrambled egg on toast with beans.
Now that's what I do love myself John, all these fancy meals putting down here really knock me for six regarding the different styles of foods but nothing beats a simple yet delicious breakfast.
I read recently that Somerset Maugham once said ' to eat well in England, you need to have breakfast three times a day'. Sounds good to me.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Must admit if I go into a pub & there's an all day breakfast on the menu, then it's a no brainer.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Must admit if I go into a pub & there's an all day breakfast on the menu, then it's a no brainer.
Has to be an Ulster fry, anything else is just a starter !http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zgk7mp3 as per the Hairy Bikers (they did ok)

I also like a dipped pancake as well.

Next time in your'e local Waitrose, Sainsbury's etc grab some soda and potato bread and "dip" them = hot oil in pan and fry the bread which is the healthy option :D

Also real tasty is soda sliced in half toasted on one side only with lashings of real butter served immediately yum yum.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Must admit if I go into a pub & there's an all day breakfast on the menu, then it's a no brainer.
Has to be an Ulster fry, anything else is just a starter !http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zgk7mp3 as per the Hairy Bikers (they did ok)

I also like a dipped pancake as well.

Next time in your'e local Waitrose, Sainsbury's etc grab some soda and potato bread and "dip" them = hot oil in pan and fry the bread which is the healthy option :D

Also real tasty is soda sliced in half toasted on one side only with lashings of real butter served immediately yum yum.
Pleased to see the bacon, sausage and mushroom's all 'well done'. Most important that.