What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Had a lovely meal last night courtesy of Cote at Home.

Smoked Salmon
Fillet steak, peppercorn sauce, frites, cherry tomatoes & mushrooms
Apple tart with double cream

Absolutely gorgeous it was :D

Winner of the Europa League
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Not tonight but looking on Tesco’s website they’ve stared selling Pukka Chicken Balti pies. They must have just put them on.
First promotion, then the championship and now finding out I can get a PCB pie. This is the week that keeps giving :lol:
When I see food, especially these pies which sound excellent, mentioned as, or in the same phrase as PCB, a red light starts flashing in my head.
I am familiar with the term PCB's as highly toxic industrial compounds, used in the manufacture of electronics, transformers, and paint to mention just a few. They were banned stateside and Europe late1970's early 80's. Before people started respecting the environment, huge quantities of this poisonous industrial sludge was dumped into our rivers and landfills. Effects of this dumping is still being felt worldwide. This waste has sunk to the bottom of ponds, rivers and inner coastal seas, and is still leaking into groundwater from old trash landfills.
The most common way they would affect our health is through the food chain, mainly from eating fish living in contaminated areas, from fish which eat other contaminated fish, and believe it or not from farm raised fish. Farm raised fish have 10 times the amount of toxins compared to healthy 'wild' fish, as their diet consists of pellets made from crushed fish, mainly the type of what we call filter feeders which are high in toxins. Although not proven to cause cancer, PCB's are known to cause pregnancy problems, learning disabilities, skin problems are the ones I've heard about.
I eat fish often, fresh fish, excellent source of protein and vitamins, but if you ever hear the words polychlorinated biphenyl or PCB just be careful.
Not trying to put a downer on fish or these pies which sound great and next time I'm in UK I'll try them.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

As we are now having to self isolate for 2 weeks we have just ordered a delivery of meat from a not so local butchers. Tracey's mum used them last week and said the quality was excellent.

https://www.kanefamilybutchersbushmills ... al-offers/
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:As we are now having to self isolate for 2 weeks we have just ordered a delivery of meat from a not so local butchers. Tracey's mum used them last week and said the quality was excellent.

https://www.kanefamilybutchersbushmills ... al-offers/
I see they have duck confit on the website we’re having that tomorrow ordered via Cote it’s a long time since I’ve had it but it’s very good.
We’re having corn fed chicken with frites & salad tonight
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Fish, chips, mushy peas and curry sauce with a slice of white bread and butter for the obligatory chip butty.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Chilli garlic chicken, pilau rice and garlic naan. Accompanied by the usual poppadoms and selection of chutneys.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just enjoyed a nice piece of Ham bought in Tescos this morning with a bit of salad which included lettuce, tomato's, fennel, rocket and two types of mint leaves and some potato's. Everything but the Ham grown in our garden :D

Fresh is best :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Mrs MW has enjoyed doner kebab since she came here 13 years ago so we got a take-away from Rakki Rakkas in Sherwood tonight.

Most of it went in the bin! Disgusting meat that was in no way fresh. Such a shame as previously they have provided top quality Turkish food and thier restaurant was full most nights.

You can't help but wonder about the impact of C-19 on indie establishments like this.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Shepherds pie tonight just made one.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just had - Sirloin steak, chips, sweetcorn, cauliflower. Glass of red. For afters, later, Viennetta ice cream.
I once played against Don Revie.