What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just made a egg & bacon flan well I suppose it’s called a quiche really. We will have it tonight with a jacket potato and salad.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Sovietmule wrote:I'm normally a big meat eater but recently, for no other reason than to see if I could, I decided to try to go veggie (not vegan) for a couple of days a week. So far, so good.
We often have meat free meals for no other reason than they can be tasty. A friend of ours declared to anyone that would listen that he had decided to become a vegetarian. A couple of weeks later he came to pick me up to go for a walk in the Derbyshire Peaks and my wife let him in. I was just finishing putting a bacon butty together and before I knew it he grabbed half and ate it like he hadn’t eaten for months. He claimed the bacon smell drove him mad the moment he entered the house. Once we hit the Peaks he pulled into a lay by and a couple of minutes later returned with 2 bacon butties, his veggie days were well and truly over :lol:
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Sovietmule wrote:I'm normally a big meat eater but recently, for no other reason than to see if I could, I decided to try to go veggie (not vegan) for a couple of days a week. So far, so good.
We often have meat free meals for no other reason than they can be tasty.
We're not planning to go full veggie or anything, like you we just enjoy the taste.
ChilwellWhite wrote:A friend of ours declared to anyone that would listen that he had decided to become a vegetarian. A couple of weeks later he came to pick me up to go for a walk in the Derbyshire Peaks and my wife let him in. I was just finishing putting a bacon butty together and before I knew it he grabbed half and ate it like he hadn’t eaten for months. He claimed the bacon smell drove him mad the moment he entered the house. Once we hit the Peaks he pulled into a lay by and a couple of minutes later returned with 2 bacon butties, his veggie days were well and truly over :lol:
:) Who can blame him ??? don't think I'd ever give up bacon butties, they are one of the universe's greatest gifts.

Burger and chips tonight. Burgers are the Brisket burgers from Aldi, 1.99 for two - can honestly say I've never tasted a better burger. Anyone else tried them?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Had a Tesco delivery this morning & thought we’d have a lazy night so we a Chicken Tikka Marsala & Chicken Jalfrezi both from the Charlie Bigham Collection. Already gave naans, mango chutney & raita.

Not a huge fan of burgers if I’m honest but my wife enjoys them so will pass the Aldi information onto her. As far as a bacon butty it’s one of the few things I put tomato ketchup on but on a sausage butty that has to have Daddy’s brown sauce.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Last night had a veg 'chilli' with onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, kidney beans, puy lentils and spinach. Used veg stock and marmite for flavouring ... pretty good.

Tonight we're having veg curry with aubergines, courgettes, sweet potatoes, shallots and mushrooms. The sauce will be a Mayflower curry sauce with a little bit more chilli and some spinach mixed in too. Lovely stuff.
As I’ve said before, my wife was a vegetarian, then she saw certain stuff in relation to animals and went full vegan. I’m not the best cook in the world to say the least, so often during the week I’ll join her with Vegan meals which are more than enjoyable.

We bought a couple of recipe books, ‘Bosh’ and ‘Bish Bash Bosh’ which are excellent.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My first wife was a vegetarian & far as I know she still is. Have to give her some credit in she never moaned about cooking meat for me & the kids. Again a couple of times a week I’d have a veggie meal & will admit to enjoying it. I’ve posted on here before we have at least one week a year that we have meat free. The top rated restaurant in my area is actually a vegan restaurant. The only vegan I know is Dizzy Gillespie ( cricket) who was rumoured to criticise YCCC’s main sponsors at the time Wensleydale Cheese & left shortly after.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:My first wife was a vegetarian & far as I know she still is. Have to give her some credit in she never moaned about cooking meat for me
No, my Mrs is great and doesn’t moan about me eating meat. That said, I tend to cook my own meat as I don’t think it’s fair asking her to cook something she feels so strongly about.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Barlow Boy wrote: We bought a couple of recipe books, ‘Bosh’ and ‘Bish Bash Bosh’ which are excellent.
Good to know, always looking for decent veggie recipes. I'll have a look at those books. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sovietmule wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: We bought a couple of recipe books, ‘Bosh’ and ‘Bish Bash Bosh’ which are excellent.
Good to know, always looking for decent veggie recipes. I'll have a look at those books. :thumbup:
These are actually Vegan recipes, but very nice.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just about to go out for my fish and chips.
I once played against Don Revie.