What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:Planning to have a walk tonight and eat out, probably at the local "Frankie & Benny's", then have a couple of drinks in town on the way home.

Anyone else tried any of their restaurants ?
There'll be no fecking walking done here anytime soon.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Planning to have a walk tonight and eat out, probably at the local "Frankie & Benny's", then have a couple of drinks in town on the way home.

I’m assuming you’re going up to the retail park one SW ?.

Been there a few times, mainly as they accept the Meerkat two for one deal (makes quite a difference over time) and always found it nice enough. It’s just a shame the outside bit looks over a car park and McDonald’s.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

I used to work for a company who were in partnership with the Restaurant Group who own Frankie and Bennies. I have been to health and safety, fire safety and food hygiene meetings, where they all use F&B’s as the prime example of how not to do things. So no I have not eaten in their restaurants and probably never will.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

cheffy007 wrote:

I used to work for a company who were in partnership with the Restaurant Group who own Frankie and Bennies. I have been to health and safety, fire safety and food hygiene meetings, where they all use F&B’s as the prime example of how not to do things. So no I have not eaten in their restaurants and probably never will.
And now you tell us, lol. Actually was ok been to better and worse. Just in a run of trying places we've not been.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:

I’m assuming you’re going up to the retail park one SW ?.

Been there a few times, mainly as they accept the Meerkat two for one deal (makes quite a difference over time) and always found it nice enough. It’s just a shame the outside bit looks over a car park and McDonald’s.
It was BB bit of a walk for us (we are off Doncaster road), on a run of trying a few different places.
I had the sirloin steak while Cathy did the nashville chicken salad. Bottle of Merlot.
We have a gourmet society card that gets us 25% off including the wine.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Take away curry tonight
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Fish & Chips with Garden peas. :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Cottage pie tonight probably my favourite meal you know the one you would have for your last supper on death row :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Cottage pie tonight probably my favourite meal you know the one you would have for your last supper on death row :lol:
Must be Cottage Pie day because that's exactly what Mrs SW is cooking for us tonight :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Cottage pie tonight probably my favourite meal you know the one you would have for your last supper on death row :lol:
Must be Cottage Pie day because that's exactly what Mrs SW is cooking for us tonight :thumbup:
Got a ring to it September 1st National Cottage Pie Day ;)
Winner of the Europa League