What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:We've had a steak & kidney casserole in the slow cooker since 09:30 this morning. Dumplings, mashed potato, swede & the obligatory peas :D
Nice. I've become a fan of the slow cooker recently.
What quantity ingredients NW? Cook on Low/High?
About 300 grams of meat & 3 kidneys plus a generous glug of red wine. Carrots, diced onion & stock. All cooked on a slow cook. The dumplings are bought in but they are M&S :D

Glug is a culinary term used by Escoffier himself :roll:
:thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I used to love kidneys but one of the worst things going to start a Gout attack (which I can be prone to if I don't watch what I eat).

Chicken & Chips for me tonight.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:I used to love kidneys but one of the worst things going to start a Gout attack (which I can be prone to if I don't watch what I eat).

Yeah, when I go for my Warfarin check and the reading is too low, they always ask 'have you been eating sprouts?' And I love sprouts. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

OK this will sound terrible and I apologise in advance BUT on a Friday night after either Tracey or myself cooking all week we slum it with an ASDA pizza and a glass of red. Amazing how a glass of chateauneuf du pape goes well with a cheap pizza (can't bring myself to pay Dominoes prices)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:OK this will sound terrible and I apologise in advance BUT on a Friday night after either Tracey or myself cooking all week we slum it with an ASDA pizza and a glass of red. Amazing how a glass of chateauneuf du pape goes well with a cheap pizza (can't bring myself to pay Dominoes prices)
Now that is a coming together of extremes. Cheap pizza and a bottle of the Pope's house. :shock: :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:OK this will sound terrible and I apologise in advance BUT on a Friday night after either Tracey or myself cooking all week we slum it with an ASDA pizza and a glass of red. Amazing how a glass of chateauneuf du pape goes well with a cheap pizza (can't bring myself to pay Dominoes prices)
Now that is a coming together of extremes. Cheap pizza and a bottle of the Pope's house. :shock: :D
John sir I know but strangely it works lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Was it one of those make your own Asda pizzas Davy ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Was it one of those make your own Asda pizzas Davy ?
Was indeed BB great value too :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
That's what we're having tonight with cranberry sauce, coleslaw, beetroot & the obligatory peas :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We've had a steak & kidney casserole in the slow cooker since 09:30 this morning. Dumplings, mashed potato, swede & the obligatory peas :D
Read this yesterday and just back from the butchers and tonight Matthew it's steak and kidney pie with chips here :D haven't had it for ages so looking forward to it.