What are you having for dinner tonight

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:Literally sat in an Indian takeaway down Bristol way waiting for my order :thumbup:
Whereabouts may I ask?

I've just found a home-made chilli in the freezer so I'll be having that and rice.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Literally sat in an Indian takeaway down Bristol way waiting for my order :thumbup:
Whereabouts may I ask?
A place called Winscombe (I think).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Whereabouts may I ask?
A place called Winscombe (I think).
Yep, sounds about right. Not far from Burrington. Can't vouch for the takeaways over there mind. :)
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Frankie wrote:I made a vegetarian, mushroom and spinach curry, with an excellent jar of sauce from Sainsbury's.
My daughter was a vegetarian for years but eventually the smell of bacon lured her back.
I was a vegetarian for 17 years, then not a vegetarian for 16 years and then a vegetarian again for the last 6 years. Strictly speaking I am a pescatarian these days. I do sometimes fancy th elook of a bit of bacon or a steak, but as soon as I remember that it is a bit of dead animal, I go right off the idea!
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Frankie wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:
Frankie wrote:I made a vegetarian, mushroom and spinach curry, with an excellent jar of sauce from Sainsbury's.
My daughter was a vegetarian for years but eventually the smell of bacon lured her back.
I was a vegetarian for 17 years, then not a vegetarian for 16 years and then a vegetarian again for the last 6 years. Strictly speaking I am a pescatarian these days. I do sometimes fancy th elook of a bit of bacon or a steak, but as soon as I remember that it is a bit of dead animal, I go right off the idea!
I was a veggie for 10 years because of a girlfriend - we were only together for a couple of years but I wanted to see how long I could take it. Crap reason and it really pissed off my next girlfriend (who I'm now with again). I became an ex-veggie in 1991 on the Trans-Mongolian Express. They didn't really understand the concept. Going on in to China, India, Thailand and beyond the challenge to stay a vegetarian veered between easy and impossible so I just went with what the locals ate. It was never a moral decision in the first place.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from shopping tonight's fine cuisine is going to be spaghetti bolognaise. Fresh pasta as well, I've always fancies having a go at making it myself.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Escaping out tonight as her indoors is in Donegal. Heading to Belfast stopping in at the "Yard Bird" in the Dirty Onion. They only do chicken but boy is it good.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:Escaping out tonight as her indoors is in Donegal. Heading to Belfast stopping in at the "Yard Bird" in the Dirty Onion. They only do chicken but boy is it good.

Just checked it out on trip advisor looks alright Mate. We are lucky that we have the only Hooters in the UK here in Nottingham why nowhere else dosent open one is beyond me. They do fantastic ribs & wings always really tasty as well.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Here's mine from last night.

Pork steaks with an apple and tomato, pepper, garlic, peanut, ginger, pea and lime salsa.
No carbs.
(Excuse the blurry first picture)
Protein and veg :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Last night we had a plate of wedding reception buffet food that had been kept for us, which included cold chips....

So tonight, by way of compensation, we have ordered through Ubereats:

Chicken karaage
Cheesy mentaiko gyoza
Hong Kong fish ball skewers with curry sauce
Grilled pork bao
Korean style bulgogi beef and rice
Vietnamese beef pho

.....well you did ask :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....