Politics

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Politics

Post by Another Northern Soul »

[quote="Viduka Hits The Mark"]If she decides to run please let it be Jess Phillips the next Labour leader. Can you imagine Boris having to deal with the tears and tantrums every week at PMQ'S. Political theatrical dynamite.
/quote]

We've just entered a new decade mate, never mind century, come and join us :lol:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:If she decides to run please let it be Jess Phillips the next Labour leader. Can you imagine Boris having to deal with the tears and tantrums every week at PMQ'S. Political theatrical dynamite.
Rather a sexist thing to say, Vid ?? :eh: :thumbdown:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

You have got me all wrong chaps. I want Phillips to get the job, i just feel she will be too Rock n Roll for the current Labour membership. A bit like Clough and the FA. Unfortunately i think your great savior is likely to be the the dull as dishwater Starmer, or the equally dull Rebecca long bailey as your next party leader. Get your membership in and get voting for Phillips you won't regret it.
Deleted User 3289

Oh i nearly forgot. Don't forget that Leeds stalwart... Richard Burgon as deputy. Its safe to say the Labour party is in safe hands. ;) :angel:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:You have got me all wrong chaps.
Dunno about Rigger but I clearly haven't got you wrong at all :roll:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:Labour could do worse than selecting the MP from Wigan, I think her surname is Lisa Nandy, always seems to talk a lot of sense and very level headed.
I see I’m not the only one, the GMB come out and back her today and Phillips drops out of the race. She’s still a big outsider though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Labour could do worse than selecting the MP from Wigan, I think her surname is Lisa Nandy, always seems to talk a lot of sense and very level headed.
I see I’m not the only one, the GMB come out and back her today and Phillips drops out of the race. She’s still a big outsider though.
Lisa is certainly making a good fist of it after starting in last place according to a poll not so long ago. I think she is the only candidate who gets it up North, Lisa has been predicting the fall of the red wall (no not Man u) for over 10 years apparently with Labour leaning towards metropolitan politics.
She has work to do though, her position on free movement is clearly a nod to the membership rather than her constituents. I hope she gets the job, but has you say with the Labour membership being overwhelmingly pro EU i think they will want Starmer to take up the Rejoin fight, especially now javid has talked up divergence. Starmer will be spinning the Level playing field mantra to protect jobs, workers rights ect ect. Even tho the Government have continuously said they will be protecting them.
Deleted User 3289

Irish GE in full counting flow i believe over in Ireland. Personally i hope Varadkar doesn't get back in he. I think he's been a bit Arrogant at times towards UK in the Brexit debate, especially when it was a hung Parliament over here and the EU just pissed us about. I will give him one point for agreeing a deal with Boris. But small country... Comes on. This is England.....Oh and Wales, Scotland and NI. :angel:
Deleted User 3289

Another good move today imo by the Government who are about to deport 50 serious criminals back to the Caribbean. The Labour politician David Lammy who is opposed to the actions, describes one of the criminals as only having been charged with GBH as tho its a bit of slap-n-tickle.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:. Comes on. This is England.....Oh and Wales, Scotland and NI. :angel:
....but not for much longer :(