Politics

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Politics

Post by blackpool white »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:. Comes on. This is England.....Oh and Wales, Scotland and NI. :angel:
....but not for much longer :(
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Irish GE in full counting flow i believe over in Ireland. Personally i hope Varadkar doesn't get back in he. I think he's been a bit Arrogant at times towards UK in the Brexit debate, especially when it was a hung Parliament over here and the EU just pissed us about. I will give him one point for agreeing a deal with Boris. But small country... Comes on. This is England.....Oh and Wales, Scotland and NI. :angel:
As it happens most Irish people also considered him arrogant, hence the kicking he took in the election. Having said that, I’d say Boris would rather be facing Varadkar than Mary Lou (leader of Sinn Fein)! :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cabinet reshuffle day, Boris under pressure to make the cabinet more gender equal.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Cabinet reshuffle day, Boris under pressure to make the cabinet more gender equal.
To me its political correctness gone mad. Surely you want the best people available in each job whether that means 100% male or 100% female but more likely somewhere in between.
Nobody should get a job based on sex, colour, background, etc. It should be purely based on ability.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Cabinet reshuffle day, Boris under pressure to make the cabinet more gender equal.
To me its political correctness gone mad. Surely you want the best people available in each job whether that means 100% male or 100% female but more likely somewhere in between.
Nobody should get a job based on sex, colour, background, etc. It should be purely based on ability.
Couldn’t agree more, unfortunately, the media and various pressure groups don’t see it that way.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Couldn’t agree more, unfortunately, the media and various pressure groups don’t see it that way.
We're having this issue with Police recruitment. People calling for 50/50 catholic protestant intake as it's presently around 60/40 protestant to catholic. I don't care what the ratio is as long as it's the best candidates gain entry. If I was either and thought I missed out because they needed more of one or the other I'd be raging.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sajid Javid goes as Chancellor, resigned apparently.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Sajid Javid goes as Chancellor, resigned apparently.
Confirmed now big surprise that one. Something to do with his staff? Anyway i must admit i like Rishi Sunak definitely a rising star in the CP. He's not bowed to pressure and has given the jobs to the best people by the looks of it.
Deleted User 3289

blackpool white wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:. Comes on. This is England.....Oh and Wales, Scotland and NI. :angel:
....but not for much longer :(
Nar.. Its all smoke without fire. Who would be crazy enough to want another referendum after the torid 6 years the UK has been thru? Other than Nicola Sturgeon that is...
Deleted User 3289

White Knight wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Irish GE in full counting flow i believe over in Ireland. Personally i hope Varadkar doesn't get back in he. I think he's been a bit Arrogant at times towards UK in the Brexit debate, especially when it was a hung Parliament over here and the EU just pissed us about. I will give him one point for agreeing a deal with Boris. But small country... Comes on. This is England.....Oh and Wales, Scotland and NI. :angel:
As it happens most Irish people also considered him arrogant, hence the kicking he took in the election. Having said that, I’d say Boris would rather be facing Varadkar than Mary Lou (leader of Sinn Fein)! :D
:D I think you are right. I wouldn't like to arm wrestle Mary Lou i think she'd tear my arm from my shoulder and that's before i mention Brexit. :shifty: