Politics

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Politics

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I don't know about you chaps but i have had a belly full of Political stuff in the last few days. If one of the Mods would be kind enough to lock this topic off so we can all take a breath that would be great. Someone can open another one when they see fit. Cheers Mods Vid. :thumbup:
Hasn't this been responded to already? We're not closing any thread just because one person has had enough of it. if you don't like any threads then don't read them, is that okay?.
And yet the Coronavirus one is still locked. Were not back to the one rule are we. Seeing tho i started the Topic i would like it deleted has i no longer want to be associated with it. Are you telling me that's not possible when you could open a politics 2 topic straight away? People can still read their posts what's the problem. Do all Mods see this the same?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, we do.

You're right about the corona thread : it should be open again and it's a genuine mistake that it's not. I'll do it right now.
Deleted User 3289

Fair enough chaps i see what this is about. It was a simple request, not unreasonable since i started the Topic. Its doesn't seem a problem when its suits certain people to lock or delete threads. Take care the lot of you its been a genuine pleasure.
Deleted User 3289

Delete my account if you would mods i'm sure you can manage that. I havn't got a clue. :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Deleted User 3289 wrote:Fair enough chaps i see what this is about. It was a simple request, not unreasonable since i started the Topic. Its doesn't seem a problem when its suits certain people to lock or delete threads. Take care the lot of you its been a genuine pleasure.
Well it was a simple request which had been answered twice. It's not like you just started the thread last week is it, you were asking for a well-used topic to be closed without giving any real reason other than you'd had a belly full of politics. And then you suggest opening a second politics thread, what would be the point of that?

Anyway, farewell VHTM, best wishes, there was nothing more to this than you wanted a topic deleting, we mods disagreed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Deleted User 3289 wrote:. Do all Mods see this the same?
First have been out all afternoon and just catching up and will say I'm disappointed to see you've left the forum.

To answer the question - No all Mods rarely agree but we have a system in place where any issues/decisions are voted on whether that's to lock/delete a thread or to ban/suspend a member. The majority gets the decision that is one thing we do agree on, democracy.

Your initial request was to delete the thread and personally I would say no as lots of members have history vested in it.

Even locking it isn't something one Mod could decide without good reason, if we did that and everyone requested similar we would have a full time job.
However given the circumstances I think your later request to lock the thread was worthy of considering in the Mods room. Not sure what the outcome would be though.

Anyway best wishes and maybe you'll return in the future. Personally think you've jumped the gun and should have slept on it. Understand though as I can be reactive myself on occasions.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

If only real life politics was as interesting as this, eh ??

:think:
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Apologies in advance if this post offends anyone. It certainly is not meant to.

I think the moderators do an excellent job on this forum When I first joined the forum, the standard of posts and debate on the forum made some the lean periods almost bearable. I was and continue to be in awe of some of the posters such as Mellor, Costy, Frankie, Barlow etc. Happily, the tide has turned and god willing we can pick up the required points to get back up to the premiership (probably the worst year to go up but we'll have to live with it).

I have never seem politics being as divisive as they are now. Over the last few months, I have read various comments on politics on various fora, and there is a distinct lack of seeing the opposing view. For instance in America, Trump supporters want Obama, Hilliary, Biden jailed for high treason, Liberals label all Trump supporters as racists and rednecks.

Anyway hopefully VHTM will return to the forum as some stage. This is a difficult time and hopefully all of us and families will come through safe and well.

Apologies for the rambling post. MOT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

gilesdriveby wrote:Apologies in advance if this post offends anyone. It certainly is not meant to.

I think the moderators do an excellent job on this forum When I first joined the forum, the standard of posts and debate on the forum made some the lean periods almost bearable. I was and continue to be in awe of some of the posters such as Mellor, Costy, Frankie, Barlow etc. Happily, the tide has turned and god willing we can pick up the required points to get back up to the premiership (probably the worst year to go up but we'll have to live with it).

I have never seem politics being as divisive as they are now. Over the last few months, I have read various comments on politics on various fora, and there is a distinct lack of seeing the opposing view. For instance in America, Trump supporters want Obama, Hilliary, Biden jailed for high treason, Liberals label all Trump supporters as racists and rednecks.

Anyway hopefully VHTM will return to the forum as some stage. This is a difficult time and hopefully all of us and families will come through safe and well.

Apologies for the rambling post. MOT

No offense taken from me re: your post and i hope VHTM does return as well, you were NOT responsible for ISR ban in any way.

I think you are right that alot of people nowadays are less tolerant of the other sides views on politics, quickly shooting them down or name calling, I'm not saying on this site specifically although has on times happened but more in general terms in society.

We are living in a crazy time and times are hard for a lot of people, no football does not help either but the most important thing is we all stay safe and healthy and when football does return politics is long forgotten.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Deleted User 3289 wrote:. Do all Mods see this the same?
First have been out all afternoon and just catching up and will say I'm disappointed to see you've left the forum.

To answer the question - No all Mods rarely agree but we have a system in place where any issues/decisions are voted on whether that's to lock/delete a thread or to ban/suspend a member. The majority gets the decision that is one thing we do agree on, democracy.

Your initial request was to delete the thread and personally I would say no as lots of members have history vested in it.

Even locking it isn't something one Mod could decide without good reason, if we did that and everyone requested similar we would have a full time job.
However given the circumstances I think your later request to lock the thread was worthy of considering in the Mods room. Not sure what the outcome would be though.

Anyway best wishes and maybe you'll return in the future. Personally think you've jumped the gun and should have slept on it. Understand though as I can be reactive myself on occasions.
Just wanted to add to SW's points which are spot on. We in the Mod team all have personal lives and like all members we are on and of the forum when we can/it suits etc, I myself have not been about much over the last few weeks due to several issues. Some of us even live in different time zones but we do indeed try to discuss issues so as they can be resolved in the best possible way. We are however human, and have views like everyone else this often makes it difficult to post as a member without it looking like we have a MOD hat on. What I can say is the each and everyone of the team only want to keep LUFCTALK the best friendliest forum around.

This forum has without doubt seen a lot of negativity lately and that's totally understandable with whats going on. What I do know though is that when this all passes it will once again become the informative, funny and interesting place it was just a few months ago.

VHTM I too think you maybe left a tad too quickly and hope you decide to return at some stage. Personally, at times I've felt like taking a break.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders