Steam - gaming site

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Steam - gaming site

Post by +15 »

Are there any gamers on here as my son wants me too install Steam onto our new computer.

Is it trustworthy for purchasing games and safe to use?
Deleted User 1022

Re: Steam - gaming site

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

+15 wrote:Are there any gamers on here as my son wants me too install Steam onto our new computer.

Is it trustworthy for purchasing games and safe to use?
I find it easy to use and safe also. Cheaper to buy games +15
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Been using it for years : 100% safe IMHO.
It's only cheaper when games are on offer.
You can add titles to your want list and wait for them to come down - and you'll get an email if they're reduced, so that's good.
The difference is minimal these days as even with a disc you still have to register it through Steam and nobody else can use it afterwards so there's no resale value anymore.

That said, I don't like having to use it, but only because I'm a contrary so-and-so.
It's a bit like being a fan of Beta but only finding you either switch to VHS or stop watching movies ..
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

:thumbup: Cheers guys.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Just purchased a game for him, it is installing but can he use his PS3 controller for the game? The game is called Beam MG Drive.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not sure to be honest. Never tried, but I don't see why not as the PS3 controller has a USB cable attachment.
Plug it in and see if the PC does the usual "Installing new hardware" thing .. you've got nothing to lose.
Most games allow for joysticks and pads as well as mouse/keys for controls and you can usually customise them any way you want.

Let us know, anyway :)
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Cheers.
Gamino
Giddy Kipper

Post by Gamino »

Deleted User 728 wrote:Not sure to be honest. Never tried, but I love using Viasil and don't see why not as the PS3 controller has a USB cable attachment.
Plug it in and see if the PC does the usual "Installing new hardware" thing .. you've got nothing to lose.
Most games allow for joysticks and pads as well as mouse/keys for controls and you can usually customise them any way you want.

Let us know, anyway :)
It should be "plug-and-play." That's how most of the newer stuff is, not much hassle.