Deleted User 728

Re: Grumpy old man

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Move over Horse Whisperer !
We've got the Dog Psychologist ! :D
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:Ten to 4 this morning the so and sos were still letting off fireworks round our way! My wee cat was terrified all night. Bastards.

Makes you hanker back to the good old days of the troubles when fireworks were banned here.

Oh, and bonfires? You've no idea about bonfires until you're near one in Belfast.
I watched something on tv the other week about bonfires in Northern Ireland. Christ, they were nearly the size of Blackpool tower. All I could think about was global warming on a literal basis. I think the fires were built for political reasons but not about Guy Fawkes. :crazy: Scary Stuff!

(Disclaimer) This is a bonfire, and in no way is it put up to incite sectarian hatred in anyway. (in any case, I don't understand the Malecowpoo, and neither do I wish to, if that's ok)
Thankyou
Last edited by Deleted User 3289 on 01 Nov 2017, 15:20, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 728

Chaps, have any of you ever been to Lewes for Bonfire Night ??

Until you have, you are not qualified to discuss the matter IMHO.

Beirut ??
A mere trifle ..

https://www.lewesbonfirecelebrations.com/

I went a few years ago and stood a good 50m from the biggest bonfire I have ever seen and I thought my face was gonna melt :wtf:

They have about a dozen "clans" who each have gunpowder licenses and they make their own floats, wear themed "uniforms" and they create all their own fireworks too. You have not been scared until you've had a home-made banger go off up your backside, believe me. Not literally, but they hurl them down the streets and you can't help but get caught out sometimes. They're more like grenades.
I was genuinely bricking it that night, I'm not afraid to tell you. My gf at the time was only a petite 5' little thing and she spent most of the night clinging to me for dear life.

It's one of those things - like white water rafting (I can't swim) - that you know you'll never ever do again but in hindsight you're kinda glad you did it once.

Try and get a ticket though .. it's only because my Everton mate lives in a village just outside that we could get to go.

Images here : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lewes ... 80&bih=647
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Looks like a meeting of the KKK :roll:

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Cracking that Rig. Now that would be worth turning up to. I bet the toffee apples are laced with LSD. (ADULTS ONLY) :D
Deleted User 728

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Cracking that Rig. Now that would be worth turning up to. I bet the toffee apples are laced with LSD. (ADULTS ONLY) :D

You'd be amazed how many kids attend and are involved in the clans.

I don't know how they do it, but it remains a safe event even if you need brown trousers for it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:Move over Horse Whisperer !
We've got the Dog Psychologist ! :D
That could be my next career move to be fair :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

2 days after Halloween last night saw the first of many I'm sure of pyrotechnic displays. Be intresting who on here can record the 1st night without hearing the bloody things. :evil:
Winner of the Europa League