Cheap Kitchen Sale

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Cheap Kitchen Sale

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Can't we do that thing where any newbies have to be approved by a mod before being allowed to post ??
They could still browse as guests ...
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

The problem is, what do we approve on the basis of? These are not bots, so usernames and emails are often inconspicuous, and we can't tell if they're here to post or spam until they make the first post.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Leeds related security questions? Or at least foitball related for opposition fans like daibo and Malcolm shark? Or a system of first posts having to be verified by mods before being allowed to post freely.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

I know we had a few the other week but I think generally the Admin and Mod team are pretty quick on the draw when someone posts spam. We don't want to be putting people off joining in, by having initial posts moderated or someone registering and not being allowed to post for a period of time. One of the great things about this place is its inclusiveness.

I see posts on a match day about guests who are browsing being encouraged to sign up (bearing in mind some of them will be members who just haven't logged in) so if the Admin / Mod team are happy to continue doing their 'thing' then I personally would leave it as it is :thumbup:
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Pecky10 wrote:I know we had a few the other week but I think generally the Admin and Mod team are pretty quick on the draw when someone posts spam. We don't want to be putting people off joining in, by having initial posts moderated or someone registering and not being allowed to post for a period of time. One of the great things about this place is its inclusiveness.

I see posts on a match day about guests who are browsing being encouraged to sign up (bearing in mind some of them will be members who just haven't logged in) so if the Admin / Mod team are happy to continue doing their 'thing' then I personally would leave it as it is :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: and plus it's always good to know there'll be a cheap kitchen offer to take advantage of whenever you're thinking of re-decorating or owt
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

SiMamu wrote:Leeds related security questions? Or at least foitball related for opposition fans like daibo and Malcolm shark?
We had this in the early days of the (old) forum and found that it wasn't particularly useful. It's alright for preventing automated registration, which we don't have a problem with, but if a human being does want to post, they can easily google for the answer to generic questions about the club.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It's a tough one this, these kitchen guys are very persistent despite getting banned along with their ip addresses. If they insist on coming on then I'll persist in banning them.
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Or alternative we all chip in and just buy a kitchen from them.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Pecky10 wrote:I know we had a few the other week but I think generally the Admin and Mod team are pretty quick on the draw when someone posts spam. We don't want to be putting people off joining in, by having initial posts moderated or someone registering and not being allowed to post for a period of time. One of the great things about this place is its inclusiveness.

I am logged in on my home computer,but when i travel to ER for the games i use my mobile phone to read all the post before and after the game but i dont log in on the phone as i will post my thoughts when i get home on my main computer.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Bogdan wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Leeds related security questions? Or at least foitball related for opposition fans like daibo and Malcolm shark?
We had this in the early days of the (old) forum and found that it wasn't particularly useful. It's alright for preventing automated registration, which we don't have a problem with, but if a human being does want to post, they can easily google for the answer to generic questions about the club.
Yes, it's probably just best to keep things as they are and deal with things as they come up, like you currently do. Coming up with an alternative seems a real struggle.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."