Going to the toilet during lessons

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Going to the toilet during lessons

Post by Costy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:It would seem these days that at the first sign of a disagreement with a pupil some parents can't wait to be on the phone or arriving at the school gates. This must be a nightmare scenario for teachers and empower the pupils.
Exactly right. Often they won't have even heard the full story. They just aggressively march in demanding whatever the issue may be 'sorting'. The line they spout that really bugs me when informing of poor behaviour or responding to incidents is ' well it wasn't just him/her', as if that somehow makes it alright! That is, effectively, an admission of guilt and the fact that there was more than one kid being a problem makes no difference. The interesting and difficult thing is my wife is a serial complainer about our kids' school and I often have to rein her in to prevent her being exactky the kind of difficult to deal with parent I'm whingeing about!
Having said all that the holidays are good :D
MissWhite
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by MissWhite »

Had a boy ask whilst taking the register, he held on until playtime and 2 girls asked just after lunch. One asked 3 times but both held on 2 hours until hometime. Just shows they can hold on.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

MissWhite wrote:Had a boy ask whilst taking the register, he held on until playtime and 2 girls asked just after lunch. One asked 3 times but both held on 2 hours until hometime. Just shows they can hold on.

Does it apply to college? Cos once I've had 2 pints I go every 10 mins. :D

I'll give you a tip. If a kid can't sit still once they have asked. Let them go or forever have it on your conscience. :P
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
I'll give you a tip. If a kid can't sit still once they have asked. Let them go or forever have it on your conscience. :P

You are far too soft Vid. you'll be suggesting they can wear long trousers next :o
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:

You are far too soft Vid. you'll be suggesting they can wear long trousers next :o
Or tutu's. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Or tutu's. :shock:
I am too soft me. Right, Every pupil to wear a tutu in class and bring back the commode... job done. Slop out at break times just before your Bovril. :D
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

I do 25 minute classes with my students and its one on one teaching and the amount of students who ask to go to the toilet during this time frame is good haha, Most of my students are drinking juices while doing classes so i guess their little bladders can't hold on. Majority of the time its just an excuse because they don't want to do the lessons. For me i don't mind it though, i still get paid for their wasting of time.
It must be difficult for regular Teachers who have 25-30 students in a class environment to manage and play the psychology game that kids test you on a daily basis. All classes should have a portaloo in the class which can act as a punishment area if they are naughty. Go stand in the loo for twenty minutes as a punishment for being a naughty Girl/boy. At least then the parents would have genuine reasons for complaint. :D

Kids are right pissaholics these days......
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The OP has just posted this elsewhere & getting a lot of abuse for it. We're too nice on here :D
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The OP has just posted this elsewhere & getting a lot of abuse for it. We're too nice on here :D
In another Leeds forum ??

Are they a WUM then ? :problem:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:The OP has just posted this elsewhere & getting a lot of abuse for it. We're too nice on here :D
In another Leeds forum ??

Are they a WUM then ? :problem:

www.waccoe.com

They seem to think he/she is yes.
Winner of the Europa League