Christmas is coming

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Christmas is coming

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ... really want a cracker this time.
Here you go, mate - have ten on me :D

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

House in Brayton spotted last night with enough lights to make the electricity meter do somersaults :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Yes, we have them down here too. There is one that I am sure is visible from the moon!
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:(A) good pal of mine (we were best men at each other’s weddings) died of leukaemia aged 44 just before Christmas, so that effectively cancelled it for us last year.
Over the past 7 years 2 close family members, and one on the periphery, have passed on in mid-December. It seems to be the time of year for that, unfortunately. Or maybe it's because it's the run-up to Christmas that it makes more of an impact. This year, obviously, we're hoping for a happier Christmas but we're also well aware that my better half's Nan, a wonderful woman I first met when she was a redoubtable 6o+ year old 30-odd years ago, seems to be on her last legs.
A couple of weeks ago, as my wife and I were putting the list together for whom we need to buy presents, I said are you sure we’ve got them here all as this list is short. I dug out lists from previous years, and they had all passed away over the last 2/3 years.

All the best to your Mrs and her Nan pal.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:House in Brayton spotted last night with enough lights to make the electricity meter do somersaults :crazy:
Is this the one that does it every year for charity SW, it’s an incredible display to be fair.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: ... really want a cracker this time.
Here you go, mate - have ten on me :D

Not quite what I had in mind Rigger, but thanks anyway pal :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:House in Brayton spotted last night with enough lights to make the electricity meter do somersaults :crazy:
Is this the one that does it every year for charity SW, it’s an incredible display to be fair.

Not certain but think that may be the one in Burn (on the right driving from Brayton), that one really does a display that would give Chevy Chase a run for his money.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:(A) good pal of mine (we were best men at each other’s weddings) died of leukaemia aged 44 just before Christmas, so that effectively cancelled it for us last year.
Over the past 7 years 2 close family members, and one on the periphery, have passed on in mid-December. It seems to be the time of year for that, unfortunately. Or maybe it's because it's the run-up to Christmas that it makes more of an impact. This year, obviously, we're hoping for a happier Christmas but we're also well aware that my better half's Nan, a wonderful woman I first met when she was a redoubtable 6o+ year old 30-odd years ago, seems to be on her last legs.
A couple of weeks ago, as my wife and I were putting the list together for whom we need to buy presents, I said are you sure we’ve got them here all as this list is short. I dug out lists from previous years, and they had all passed away over the last 2/3 years.

All the best to your Mrs and her Nan pal.
Cheers, BB. Hopefully we'll get to see her when we're over on the Isle of Wight in a week or so.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Finally finished the shopping & it's also been my wife's birthday so I've been a busy lad last few days. Now a few quiet days before the family get together on the big day.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote: I really, really want a cracker this time.
We usually put one at each place setting BB just so that everyone gets one!

Seriously though hope you have a good one mate.

And I'd like to wish a Happy and wonderful Christmas to all LUFC talkers
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders