Crypto currency

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Crypto currency

Post by Davycc »

Guys I know some of you like a punt so you may be interested if not already dabbling. At the start of Dec last year I bought £100 worth of a crypto currency "Litecoin" since then it has went up in value and last week I took my initial £100 back out leaving £270 which I then sold and bought "Etherium" my account is now at £350 and Etherium is believed to be on the up. I bought via a site called Coinbase and buying and selling is instant (bar the new "Bitcash").

If I now lose the £350 then I've broke even. I can't see the crypto currency thing ending now though and its just a matter of picking which one will do the best. Keep an eye on it and you should be ok.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Re: Crypto currency

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Personally, I prefer to "gamble" on football.
At least I can control the market somewhat by picking the matches and outcomes I attempt to predict, as opposed to playing the market itself with stocks and shares or, as you suggest, the cryptocurrency exchanges.

I know nothing about them at all.
Nada.
I've heard of BitCoin but that's it.

I was just going to leave this thread alone until I came across this piece in today's Guardian this evening.
I'm not denegrating the idea, Davy, just offering it up as a bit of further reading on the subject :

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... fools-gold
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Personally, I prefer to "gamble" on football.
At least I can control the market somewhat by picking the matches and outcomes I attempt to predict, as opposed to playing the market itself with stocks and shares or, as you suggest, the cryptocurrency exchanges.

I know nothing about them at all.
Nada.
I've heard of BitCoin but that's it.

I was just going to leave this thread alone until I came across this piece in today's Guardian this evening.
I'm not denegrating the idea, Davy, just offering it up as a bit of further reading on the subject :

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... fools-gold
Afraid I take a few punts on football myself mind you I after this last week I'm giving up lol
Theres thousands of articles online and in the papers hyping it up or putting it down, like any gamble its a risk and should only be taken if you can afford to kiss the stake goodbye.(when the fun stops STOP so to speak) I personally think theres still a few pounds to make, as I said I took my original stake out so I'm happy. I have two figures set in my head a low one and a high one which ever one my pot reaches first I cash in so at worst I'm up just a few quid.

One thing I will say is I feel for the fella who a few years ago had 22,000 bitcoins which had been sitting in his account for a year or so. Eventually he decided it was a waste of time so cashed it all and bought a pizza (which is all it was worth at the time) Just checked today and each bitcoin is now trading at £11,998 :crazy:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I think crypto currencies are the ultimate Ponzi scheme. Dabbling with smallish amounts that you can 'afford to lose' is just a gamble like any other, but some people who have staked their house on it could be big losers when it all comes crashing down. Me, I am sticking to Premium Bonds. :D
I once played against Don Revie.