Man flu

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Man flu

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Have woken up this morning & have a sore throat, banging headache & I ache all over. Going to have a couple of paras & back to bed. Typical as its my grandsons 4th birthday so will have to rely on FaceTime.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Re: Man flu

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Just let the Mrs know NW its been proven that we suffer more from flu. When I gleefully pointed it out to my other half. Within a split second she fired back, its not my problem you have a weaker immune system.

Its almost like our hunter gatherer days have been erased from their DNA. :D Get well soon mate :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Have woken up this morning & have a sore throat, banging headache & I ache all over. Going to have a couple of paras & back to bed. Typical as its my grandsons 4th birthday so will have to rely on FaceTime.
Geez NW your bed must be big these paras are usually pretty big blokes :shock:

Hope its not that Australian flu, a few at work had it and it really knocked them off their feet for a couple of days.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Have woken up this morning & have a sore throat, banging headache & I ache all over. Going to have a couple of paras & back to bed. Typical as its my grandsons 4th birthday so will have to rely on FaceTime.
Looks like it’s more than just a cold, but I swear by those Benylin Night and Day tablets, they are absolutely brilliant and clear it up in a couple of days and you get a good nights sleep too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I've had it since Thursday night.
As Hot Chocolate definitely didn't sing:
It started with a cough and an arse like a rusty tap.
And then the thick head and the aches and the chills and sweats.

Anyway, Lemsip Max tablets are taking the edge of it. And the odd hot brandy, lemon and honey.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Davycc wrote:
Hope its not that Australian flu?.
Should i be worred about this one???? ;)

Hope you get better NW, gotta admit it i've not had the flu since 1992 when i had it for 3 weeks, since then most i've had is a common cold which last for 48 hours then leaves.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Ive bloody got it¬ didn't feel right all day at Newport but by time I got home I was aching, coughing, sweating, crapping etc... been terrible today too but starting to feel better at minute. This is the third "cold" I've had in six weeks so getting a bit fed up of it!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Be fair. In the world of nasty diseases and illnesses, man flu is only slightly behind bubonic plague. Women just don't understand this.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Still haven’t shaken it off in fact I’m feeling worse
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Mine started on Thursday night and peaked in the early hours of Monday morning. Back to work tomorrow. I probably should have gone in today but it would only have been for a meaningless meeting and, given the lack of sleep I've had over the past week, I wouldn't have been able to stay awake anyway.