What Music?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What Music?

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:I love classical.
Not sure about the "popular" tag though - I really like Katchachurian, Satie and Shostakovich :)
Sorry I'm securely in the "popular" category Offenbach, vivaldi, Bach etc. I have one symphony that really strikes a chord, Johann Strauss "The Blue Danube" My mother loved it, she was a massive country and western fan Patsy Cline, Crystal Gayle etc but the one thing I remember her playing all the time was an old record "The Blue Danube"

Had all the original "Classical Breaks" CDs with the old tv advert themes. Fell in with an ex Royal Marine Commando when I was 20 or so who played in a heavy rock band but whos first love was classical music, I caught a bit of a bug from him.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Someone once told me Schubert wrote every pop song you'll ever hear.

Someone else said all the other genres are just diversions on the road to the true destination of classical music.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Someone once told me Schubert wrote every pop song you'll ever hear.

Someone else said all the other genres are just diversions on the road to the true destination of classical music.
I have heard similar, there would be no "pop" music without the "pop music" of the classical era
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:Someone once told me Schubert wrote every pop song you'll ever hear.

I have heard similar, there would be no "pop" music without the "pop music" of the classical era

Nothing comes from nothing.