What accent

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What accent

Post by Mr Russell »

I'm shoving my head down the toilet allegedly i'm Liam Gallagher and a Manc :wtf:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Sunderland for me
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mr Russell wrote:I'm shoving my head down the toilet allegedly i'm Liam Gallagher and a Manc :wtf:
Christ, I’d rather be from West London and that’s saying something.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

CorkWhite wrote:Sunderland for me
You know for all my attempts I can't see either a north or south Irish accent being anything like a Sunderland one. (other than 95 % of the UK population not being able to keep up with the speed of our speech.)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 1022

Davycc wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:Sunderland for me
You know for all my attempts I can't see either a north or south Irish accent being anything like a Sunderland one. (other than 95 % of the UK population not being able to keep up with the speed of our speech.)
Haha Davy, me neither. I guess Its not as random as we all think, It could be worse I guess, it could have said my accent was Filipino, then I would have been a bit skeptical. I have an Irish accent but its mixed with travelling over the years and also being originally from Yorkshire I have a watered down or up Cork accent. The problem I have is I catch accents wherever I go. One time I went to Greece for two weeks and came back with a Dublin accent, I was drinking so much with Dublin folks while there and when I returned to Cork my buddies kept telling me I was talking like a true Dubliner. I go to the countryside for a few days and I come back with a farmers accent. Bit embarrassing being honest. I should go on vacation to Jamaica maybe then I would come back speaking like Bob Marley. :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

CorkWhite wrote:...I should go on vacation to Jamaica maybe then I would come back speaking like Bob Marley. :D
If you came back singing like him you'd be on to a winner... :D

Reminds me of an acquaintance who went on pilgrimage to Medjugorje many years ago. She was convinced that all of her party received a gift while there. She apparently received the gift of song..... NOT. Poor thing, not a note in her head, but insisted on singing. Of course we didn't help matters. Apart from taking the p**s out of her, she was absolutely gorgeous, so we just encouraged her to stay in her good books. Petty I know, but it was our mid twenties party era...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 1022

kk_white wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:...I should go on vacation to Jamaica maybe then I would come back speaking like Bob Marley. :D

Reminds me of an acquaintance who went on pilgrimage to Medjugorje many years ago. She was convinced that all of her party received a gift while there. She apparently received the gift of song..... NOT. Poor thing, not a note in her head, but insisted on singing. Of course we didn't help matters. Apart from taking the p**s out of her, she was absolutely gorgeous, so we just encouraged her to stay in her good books. Petty I know, but it was our mid twenties party era...
You can't beat the Irish for encouraging someone to make an eejit out of themselves all because you were chasing something else.... :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:

You can't beat the Irish for encouraging someone to make an eejit out of themselves all because you were chasing something else.... :D
Reminds me of when I went to Lords, I didn't get cured but I saw a great innings from Geoff Boycott. :D
I once played against Don Revie.