Wine lovers

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Wine lovers

Post by Davycc »

Peeps,
I know there are a few members who enjoy a glass or two of wine so thought I'd post this in case some are looking to purchase some wine and it could benefit the forum a little. Over the years I've joined (and left) a few wine clubs, left for various reasons but mostly because of having to buy to a schedule or they just bombarded me with correspondence or tried to pressure me into buying more etc.

Now I know this sounds like a bit of sales patter but honestly its not. I joined a club called Naked Wines
https://www.nakedwines.com/leadgen_ppc_ ... 60QAvD_BwE

a while ago, maybe some are members too and I have to say it's very good. What I like is that you buy what you want when you want to, no having to buy every month etc and the wines are beautiful. Its a simple idea a bit like fair trade for wines, you pay a monthly sum into your account, a sum you decide on and it builds until you use it OR you can just withdraw as cash whenever you want (can't see why you'd want to though.) By doing this you are helping small independent wine growers.

So here's what I'm thinking. If I introduce you to the club you would get £80 towards the first case (£119 minimum purchase) but super wine and well worth it and I would receive £10. What I suggest is that if anyone does join and I get the £10 paid into my account I could put that £10 it into funds for the forum to be used a money to buy prizes for competitions etc or go towards admin costs .

PS If a wine you choose isn't up to what you thought they refund the full cost with no quibbles.

If anyone is interested just pm me your email address and I'll forward the invite.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Wine lovers

Post by Sniffer »

I'm with them. I got a case yesterday including a free magnum of Arabella Reserve Shiraz Viognier. You get a freebie bottle offered once a month which you get if you order a case of 12. The bottles cost between £6 and £lots with "sweet spot" wines (maximum wine, minimum price) at around the £9 mark.
:)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

So that's why you're called "Sniffer" ;)
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:So that's why you're called "Sniffer" ;)
I think that would be a "snifter".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snifter
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Will have a look me and Mrs SW often have a bottle of red. Thanks for the thumbs up.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sniffer wrote:

I know what I meant :D

Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:
Sniffer wrote:

I know what I meant :D

Er... No. :)
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Today, I decided to taste some of the locally fermented Filipino wine, Made from the Coconut tree.

First what they do is have someone climb up to the top of a coconut tree with a 1 gallon drum and a machete. Damn these trees are quiet tall and they climb them like its nothing to them. Skill in itself and one that i wouldn't even think about trying EVER. So anyway... The guy then slices into but doesn't snip one of the main tubes coming out of the top of the tree where coconuts grow and waits for the inner juice from the tree starts dripping into the gallon drum. He leans back for awhile and then somehow connects the snipped artery of the tree back together (regrows itself again apparently or closes like a wounded hand would).

This juice is called TUBA Pronounced (chewba) here, and when he brings it down its full to the top and smells a little off. He grabs a glass and starts drinking it. ( I look at him puzzled and he hands me the glass and i take a slight sip at first and wow its as sweet as any juice iv'e drank before, He pours me another few glasses and before long i start to feel a tingle and another few glasses later i feel tipsy. Its a lovely effect and sweet on day one. but if its not drank after three days then it starts turning into vinegar because of the fermentation process. They make (Suka) which is the vinegar for spicy dishes out of this and i love it personally. Dried fish is one of my favorites especially while drinking a few beers. I love the way that people here utilize every single part pf a coconut tree for numerous items. Alcohol, Tooth picks, Houses, furniture, brushes and even the leaves can make specific decorations for a wall or a side of a house, roof etc.

Very creative and innovative people who are poor but they learn the traditional skills at a very young age. Talk about boy scouts.... these guys are as good as Bear Grylls for survival skills. Sorry i went a little bit off topic with this but I really am amazed at life away from Britain and Ireland.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:Today, I decided to taste some of the locally fermented Filipino wine, Made from the Coconut tree.

First what they do is have someone climb up to the top of a coconut tree with a 1 gallon drum and a machete. Damn these trees are quiet tall and they climb them like its nothing to them. Skill in itself and one that i wouldn't even think about trying EVER. So anyway... The guy then slices into but doesn't snip one of the main tubes coming out of the top of the tree where coconuts grow and waits for the inner juice from the tree starts dripping into the gallon drum. He leans back for awhile and then somehow connects the snipped artery of the tree back together (regrows itself again apparently or closes like a wounded hand would).

This juice is called TUBA Pronounced (chewba) here, and when he brings it down its full to the top and smells a little off. He grabs a glass and starts drinking it. ( I look at him puzzled and he hands me the glass and i take a slight sip at first and wow its as sweet as any juice iv'e drank before, He pours me another few glasses and before long i start to feel a tingle and another few glasses later i feel tipsy. Its a lovely effect and sweet on day one. but if its not drank after three days then it starts turning into vinegar because of the fermentation process. They make (Suka) which is the vinegar for spicy dishes out of this and i love it personally. Dried fish is one of my favorites especially while drinking a few beers. I love the way that people here utilize every single part pf a coconut tree for numerous items. Alcohol, Tooth picks, Houses, furniture, brushes and even the leaves can make specific decorations for a wall or a side of a house, roof etc.

Very creative and innovative people who are poor but they learn the traditional skills at a very young age. Talk about boy scouts.... these guys are as good as Bear Grylls for survival skills. Sorry i went a little bit off topic with this but I really am amazed at life away from Britain and Ireland.
CW, that reminded me of my days in Malaya. When they climb the palm trees they tie their legs together just above the ankle using just enough rope to ensure they can get both feet on either side of the tree. They then go up as if they are walking up a ladder.
I once played against Don Revie.