Just another Sunday

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Just another Sunday

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I think the work the physio got me doing sent my trapezium muscle into a serious spasm yesterday. Im sat here very gingerly hoping for no reaccurance, pain killers already taken. As I said yesterday I really thought I was a goner it was very frightening for both myself & my wife. Anyway thanks for the good wishes appreciated.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Blimey Phil, only just seen this.
Hope you're feeling better mate, take care of yourself right. :thumbup:
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Have only just seen this, hope everyone and any loved ones that are having problems recover soon.
I think we all take our health somewhat for granted until something goes wrong. Usually I can go for a few years without getting so much as a little sniffle, but so far this winter I've had 2 bouts of flu and now suffering from a slight cold. Also have a consultation at the hospital at the end of the month to sort out what a previous scan showed as a "cluster of cysts", which I was told is more common than you'd think in middle age but still put the fear of God up me when I noticed something wasn't right :oops:
Last edited by BrighouseWhite on 12 Mar 2018, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Glad you’re back home NW.

My 80 year old dad had another tumble last night, and is back in hospital with the bleed on the brain showing it’s ugly head again. It’s time for a think about the long term for him, but he’s in the best place for now.

Still struggling with my shoulder too, got a CT scan on Monday, which will hopefully show up some results :roll:
Hope your Dad gets the treatment he needs and makes a full recovery.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Phil, I'm just wondering how you are feeling about all this now ??

I've got a mate who was in a coma for six months after suffering 2nd degree burns across most of his body.
His (ex)wife thought he was going to die and he told me of how he could hear everything while he was in the coma, including her phonecall to the insurance company to find out how much she'd get if he'd kicked the bucket (they both work in finance so don't feel too bad about him for that, though she was always an utter b**ch).
Anyway, we used to work together and neither myself nor a mutual mate had seen him for years and as he wasn't on social media we had no way of finding him. We knew he'd been in some sort of accident but that was it ..
He finally surfaced on Facebook a couple of years ago and the three of us met up for a meal and some drinks.
What was most shocking about the evening wasn't the extent of his burns - his left arm looks like an anatomical drawing come to life, with the musculature barely covered by skin grafts - but the complete and utter lack of any kind of filter for his mouth. He literally doesn't care anymore what anyone thinks and says whatever is on his mind.

It's really bizarre.

I mean, I'm outspoken as most of you can probably gather but he made me look like an introvert.
He's not trying to shock, he just says whatever he's thinking.

When I pushed him as to why he just laughed and said sorry for offending and didn't really answer but it's clear that having gone that close to death he doesn't give a flying fig anymore and wants to live his life his way.

I admire him for being such a survivor and for turning his life around after all that, then the subsequent divorce from "Voldermort" as he calls her, but both my friend and I have made a guilty but conscious decision to not see him too often because he really is too much.
It's hard work being with him in a public place. I know that sounds terrible but neither of us are wallflowers, we're both lefty liberals who will speak up when something or someone is wrong - she's a head-teacher - but neither of us can stomach to be around such a loony ..

So my question to you is, are you gonna be like him ?? :wtf:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sorry, I just read that back and I didn't mean to come across as an arse-hat.

I am genuinely enquiring as to your state of mind.

I also think I know the answer will be no because you're about 25 years older than him when it happened and are a completely different personality - he was a bit of a loudmouth to begin with !