Just another Sunday

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just another Sunday

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Around 09:00 this morning I suddenly had this incredible pain in my back, after 10 minutes of me writhing around in unbelievable pain my wife dialled 999. An hour later the ambulance arrived & they did a few tests & then I was taken off to QMC. I was given morphine in the ambulance & we sped off. After tests nothing was conclusive but I reckon after a visit to the same hospital last week to see a physiotherapist I reckon she has upset my already tender back & its flared up big time this morning. I've had a gradual build up of pain since Tuesday but today was in a whole different ball game. Any ways I'm home now so need for a whip round to get me a wreath, well not this time ;) never been so happy to be home...
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Just another Sunday

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Blimey !

Funny thing about back pain, or anything muscular - assuming that it is - that even the slightest movement in the wrong way at the wrong moment can put you in agony.
I guess it's down to nerve placement, like the way a seemingly innocuous brush of the happy sacks can leave you as doubled-up as if you'd taken one for the team to stop a goal on a Sunday morning or like the very first time in your life you hit that gap in your elbow that feels like you've been hit by a cattle prod wired to the national grid. Every time thereafter is agony, but never as bad as that first one .. jeeez, I did mine the other day at work and was howling :o
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I'll not lie as the ambulance guys were here I really thought the closed sign was going up. Anyway after a glass of wine & just had a smoke & I feel so much better, still very sore but at least I'm home. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Having sausage, eggs, chips & beans in awhile for been a brave little soldier today :D
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Touch wood. I have only had a trapped a nerve once in my back, but I remember the pain like it was 10 minutes ago. Awful couple of days pain. Hope the acute pain subsides NW and it doesn't become chronic.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Glad you’re back home NW.

My 80 year old dad had another tumble last night, and is back in hospital with the bleed on the brain showing it’s ugly head again. It’s time for a think about the long term for him, but he’s in the best place for now.

Still struggling with my shoulder too, got a CT scan on Monday, which will hopefully show up some results :roll:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Blooming heck, not a reference to our manager, you just never know what's around the corner. Hope the wine helps ;) take care.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Good (bad ?) timing this as I've only been speaking to a couple of my oldest mates about the effects of ageing.

I'm 51 and diabetic but manage it well and am pretty fit but have given up alcohol completely now because of it.

One of my friends is 54 and had emphysema about eight or nine years ago after smoking all his life. He was told his lungs were at something like 30%. Since then he's had a few health problems as it compounds everything and from being a slim Jim he's now a tubster who can't shift the spread. But it wasn't that : he had an "episode" when driving and arrived at his work without knowing how, almost like a tiny stroke. He's had to surrender his driving license for six months and is now temporarily a "bus w***er" as he puts it.

The other one is 59 but one of those wiry sods who never put any weight on. Trouble with him is his nerves. He's always been a bit twitchy, a bit jumpy and lacking in self-confidence, but he had a bit of a turn as well, mentally. Not as bad as the other one but dizzy spells and not quite sure what he was doing. Luckily he was at home at the time.

Look after yourselves, people !
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Sorry Phil, only just read this. ATB mate
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

After my recent hospital experience and her indoors following a couple of days later, I can sympathise NW. Hope everything turns out OK. I'm afraid it doesn't get any easier, particularly once you've broken 80. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not much fun that NW, hope you are fully on the mend.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.