Jamie Carragher could be sacked for spitting

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Jamie Carragher could be sacked for spitting

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Anyone else seen this story ??

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ter-united

There's some hard evidence in the form of photos and video footage of him gobbing at another driver after being taunted by a Man Utd fan on the drive home after their 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

He's apologised and apparently the daughter of the driver has accepted it, rather graciously too, but Sky aren't happy.

It all goes back to the cultural thing and how shocking it is in this country, as we covered elsewhere following the Saiz incident earlier in the season.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they sack him, especially as it would probably fall under "gross misconduct" and they wouldn't need to pay off his contract.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Jamie Carragher could be sacked for spitting

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I find his accent really grinds on me, if he's spat then it's got to be the sack, I for one won't miss him.
Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Disgraceful behaviour, whether he's being goaded or not. :thumbdown:
Wouldn't be surprised if he's not sacked and he'd have no one to blame but himself.
Deleted User 728

PockWhite wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if he's not sacked and he'd have no one to blame but himself.
:wtf:

One too many negatives in that sentence I think, but I can't be sure because I've read it five times and I'm still none the wiser :lol:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

That footage is pretty damaging to say the least, and he’s been suspended by SKY.

No excuse, but the girls dad needs to grow up.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:No excuse, but the girls dad needs to grow up.
This, 100%
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

WTF is he doing? He was goaded 3/4 times on the motorway? That's football banter Jamie. Come on, the sight of a young 14 year old kid should have made him control himself. I can't see him keeping his job after that. What was he thinking? I can't imagine Gary Neville doing the same in that instance, can you? What a plonker Rodney. A possible million pound contract down the drain.

Sky, i'm available and I can guarantee you I won't spit in a young 14yr old kids face. :crazy:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Appreciate he’s much more high profile, but Kirsty Gallagher kept her job when she got behind the wheel of her car when over the limit through drink. She could have killed someone.

He’s done wrong, but needs to be kept in perspective.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

rigger wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if he's not sacked and he'd have no one to blame but himself.

One too many negatives in that sentence I think, but I can't be sure because I've read it five times and I'm still none the wiser :lol:
That's not funny that's not, well I do not think so anyways? :oops: :lol:
Deleted User 728

PockWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:

That's not funny that's not, well I do not think so anyways? :oops: :lol:

Oh god, what have I created ?? :o

:D