Skint

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Skint

Post by Deleted User 728 »

If your contract is expiring/expired and you're free to leave, just call them and tell them you want to change to another supplier and ask them the question about the line number. They should ask you why you want to go so you tell them it's too expensive. They should then put you through to their "retentions" dept where you'll be offered a discount.

If not, you leave anyway !
As for the number, I think you only keep it if you use an ISP that uses their line, eg Virgin install their own line but I think a lot of the others do keep the BT line, meaning you should be alright but don't quote me.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Yeah, cheers, I'd rather not speak to anyone but that's good advice :D
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Talking of saving money (well you sort of are :P ) has anyone tried changing their landline & broadband packages?

I'm with BT and want to save money so I'm thinking of checking elsewhere but want to retain the telephone number. Any help please?
We changed to Plusnet last year, it's owned by BT but the line rental and broadband allowance is about half the price.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We haven't had a landline for yonks, it's so last century :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

BrighouseWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Talking of saving money (well you sort of are :P ) has anyone tried changing their landline & broadband packages?

I'm with BT and want to save money so I'm thinking of checking elsewhere but want to retain the telephone number. Any help please?
We changed to Plusnet last year, it's owned by BT but the line rental and broadband allowance is about half the price.
Thanks BW, is the quality still good?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

NottinghamWhite wrote:We haven't had a landline for yonks, it's so last century :roll:
Reminds me of some snooty bat I know who couldn't believe that people still bought CDs instead of just downloading music.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I give myself an allowance every month & yesterday took a tenner out of the hole in the wall & at the same time checked my balance. Just popped to the shops to buy something to be told my card was declined so I asked them to try again & same answer. Check online to see Tesco have taken £120 overnight, the money they have taken goes back 3 weeks :twisted: 3 bloody weeks...
Feckers have it out of my account instantly, I'd love to have the scenario were TESCO called me to say "here we tried to take £50 for you're last shop but it was declined" Well come and take whats left off it back then I'd say !!!!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

rigger wrote:How can they be in trouble ??

Doesn't one in every £7 spent in this country go through their tills ?
Weren't they prosecuted for false accounting during the past year?

That's trouble for me....
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....